Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 391

(This post was last modified: 2020-05-10, 03:30 PM by pcabc.)

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

(2020-05-10, 11:28 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 11:26 AM)pcabc Wrote: Breadth, Oil & Gas Producers, Gold & Silver

Oil & Gas still deeply negative.  Gold / gold miners breadth - waiting to see whether it breaks out or drops back, uptrend is strong.  % above 50 day EMA is overbought and % above 200 day EMA is on the edge.  Does not mean it will pull back though.  Silver / silver miners not so strong, but interesting volume spike (barely visible) right on the right hand edge of the chart.

The breakout of Silver / silver miners above their 200 day MA from below the key 30% lower zone and the near term highs in that is interesting as a few popped up in the watchlist this week and Gold is still consolidating near it's highs, which silver is strongly correlated too. So might be worth a look to see which stocks might be the new leaders in the silver miners

I've posted what appear to be the stronger stocks in that area https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Thre...9#pid15909.  A couple have already broken out but it looks like some others may be forming up to breakout - assuming the sector continues to gain strength.

Stage Analysis Technical Attributes - SATA Score

I've been thinking about my Stage Analysis Technical Attributes - SATA scoring system that I came up with years ago, when I was first trying to learn the Stages. As having a checklist really helps to make sure that the stock you are looking at meets the requirements that we look for based on Price Action, Volume, Relative Strength and Resistance.

So I've come up with a checklist of 10 basic technical attributes below that cover those four key components of the method. This is just a rough guide, but a high score should indicate a stock in Stage 2 for those that have trouble identifying it visually.

Stage Analysis Technical Attributes - SATA

1. Price above 10 Week Simple MA
  2. Price above 30 Week Simple MA
  3. 10 Week Simple MA above 30 Week Simple MA
  4. 10 Week Simple MA Rising
  5. 30 Week Simple MA Rising
  6. 52 Week Mansfield Relative Strength above Zero Line
  7. 52 Week Mansfield Relative Strength Zero Line Rising
  8. 13 Week Force Index Above Zero Line
  9. 13 Week Force Index Above its own 10 week Simple MA
  10. Price Greater than the Weekly Ichimoku Cloud

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2020-05-12, 04:11 PM by malaguti.)

RE: Stage Analysis Technical Attributes - SATA Score

(2020-05-12, 03:59 PM)isatrader Wrote: I've been thinking about my Stage Analysis Technical Attributes - SATA scoring system that I came up with years ago, when I was first trying to learn the Stages. As having a checklist really helps to make sure that the stock you are looking at meets the requirements that we look for based on Price Action, Volume, Relative Strength and Resistance.

So I've come up with a checklist of 10 basic technical attributes below that cover those four key components of the method. This is just a rough guide, but a high score should indicate a stock in Stage 2 for those that have trouble identifying it visually.

9. 13 Week Force Index Above its own 10 week Simple MA

Thanks for these, you don't include the elder impulse (i love that especially on monthly) and on that note, no higher timeframe consideration. SPY had no green bars on both 2000 and 2008 bears, only coming out green as the bull began

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Stage Analysis Technical Attributes - SATA Score

(2020-05-12, 04:07 PM)malaguti Wrote: Thanks for these, you don't include the elder impulse (i love that especially on monthly) and on that note, no higher timeframe consideration. SPY had no green bars on both 2000 and 2008 bears, only coming out green as the bull began

I was just thinking about that, actually. As it might be more useful to switch out the 13 Week Force Index Above its own 10 week Simple MA for Weekly Elder Impulse on Green

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Stage Analysis Technical Attributes - SATA Score V2

9. Weekly Elder Impulse on Green

isatrader

Oil & Gas Producers, Gold and Silver Miners

Note on gold how the price has reached new highs and the McClellan Oscillators have just moved above the zero line and Weinstein's momemtum has just bounced up off the zero line.

(This post was last modified: 2020-05-16, 01:34 PM by pcabc.)

US Sector Breadth

Please forgive me but I need to ask because I cant find where to make a post asking a new question. Have looked everywhere but just extreme frustration