Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 393

Market Breadth Indicators Signal Weakness and Breakouts in Gold & Silver Stocks

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Oil& Gas Producers and Gold & Silver miners

For oil & gas producers, the price of WTI cruse is on the 50 day EMA, the % stocks above the 50 day EMA is now around 50% but the % above the 200% is near zero.    THe McClellan Summation index and its volume counterpart have just poked above zero.  But its still very much stage 4.

My summary (not shown) of gold / gold miner breadth had strengthend earlier in the week, but has dropped back a bit now.   On this time scale however, it all loos strong, noting however, that the McClellan oscillators have dropped back to or through the zero line.  % stocks above the EMAs seem to be stronger for a longer period than any time in the last two years.

UK

The advance / decline lines, new-highs minus new-lows, % stocks above the EMA and Weinstein momentum show strengthening bu the McClellan oscillators are doing a downward cross though their zero lines and the index is definitely in a stage 4.

US and UK sector summaries

NYSE Percentage of Stocks Above 50, 150 and 200 Day Moving Average Chart

Attached is a new breadth chart that I've created that combines that data of the NYSE Percentage of Stocks Above 50 Day, 150 Day and 200 Day Moving Averages into one chart, as I've been seeing a lot of people only referencing the short term 50 day chart recently, as the other two don't fit their narrative that they are pushing. So I thought it would be useful to combine the three time periods into one chart to give a clearer picture of where we are at compared to other times in history.

It's a 20 year chart, as I only only data for that long for them, but the two other periods have had similar rapid moves off the extreme low were Aug 02 & Jan 09.

The current reading is 41.11%

And I've done the same on the Nasdaq, and the current reading is 53.93%

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US sectors

I note the Consumer Discretionary being stronger than the Consumer Staples, the former seeming to gain strength over the last week or two whilst the other weakened.

S&P500 versus gold price

These charts are a little scruffy as I don't look at them often and post them even less.  On the top the S&P 500 (red and green bars) and gold price, grey.  On the bottom the relative stength of the S&P500 versus the gold price.  Also plotted on the lower the 50, 100 and 260 day EMAs.

When, on the bottom blue plot, the blue line is moving up the S&P500 is stronger than the gold price.  When it is moving down the opposite is true.

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...bel/RABWDB

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)