Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 266

(This post was last modified: 2017-09-10, 11:02 AM by pcabc.)

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

Market breadth for S&P500, QQQ and Russell 2000:

Note, the indicies are all plotted via ETFs.

Edit, incorrect chart was shown for S&P500.

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, DJIA, S&P 600 Small Caps

Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Breadth

S&P500 (v NYSE), Nasdaq, QQQ (v NASDAQ) and Russel 2000 (v AMEX):

isatrader, first of all I would like to congratulate you on the fantastic job you have been doing. Since I found this and the other forum (T2W) I'm trying to read as many posts as I can. I also would like to congratulate you for being so polite and always willing to help, great qualities. I love Stan and currently readying the book almost 3 times. I straggle with reading his graphs, currently having issues figuring out as an example when I should move my stop sell to the next stage. I do not know if it has been suggested before (I promise I will read all the 266 pages on this forum) what about me or other users giving a company with a graph and from there perhaps you will guide us if our assumptions are correct or not. I will be happy to give some examples if you like.

On a site note, I use tapatalk, it was easy to read your posts on the t2w forum, do you know if this forum support it?

Thanks for all your hard work and thanks for teaching us, it makes so much easy to understand his book with your help

Charts and the effect of currency

My breadth charts posted previously contain a chart of a Russell 2000 ETF priced in GBP. What is the effect of exchange rates.

Firstly, looking at the ETF FXB we can see that GBP v USD is just entering stage 2A (correct me if I am wrong).

The GBP denominated Russell 2000 chart, DBXT.L:

This is less positive than the USD denominated ETF, RWTO:

So, given the rising pound, the R2000 looks worse if viewed from the GBP rather than USD, which is fairly obvious but is more significant if plotted. So one might make two different views pending on your currency.

(This post was last modified: 2017-09-30, 06:09 PM by pcabc.)

Breadth, US

USD, S&P500, Nasdaq 100 and Russell 2000 (via ETFs):

However, the GBP is in stage 2A against the USD:

Using GBP denominated ETFs the charts are a bit different:

The movement of the pound has quite and effect.

Note the time scales vary and there is a glitch in the data for EQQQ.L

US breadth

USD denominated ETD v breadth, S&P500, NASDAQ and Russell 2000 v NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX breadth respectively:

Using GBP denominated, so show currency effects, still breaking out:

GBP v USD:

US breadth:

These are ETFs, , S&P500, Nasdaq 100 and Russell 2000.

The Russell 2000 / AMEX chart is somewhat less bullish than the others.