Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 249

Monthly Charts - US Stock Indexes - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, Mid Caps and Small Caps

Attached is the end of the month charts for the major US markets

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500 & DJIA

Here's the quick overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Potential for a fresh Stage 2 continuation attempt across the board

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

NYSE Advance Decline Charts

Attached is the updated Advance Decline Breadth Charts, including the cumulative AD line, momentum index, cumulative AD volume line, 10 Day AD oscillator and the McClellan Oscillator and Summation Index.

isatrader

US New Highs New Lows Charts

Attached is the NYSE and US New Highs / New Lows charts.

isatrader

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500 & DJIA

Here's the quick overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: a pullback is underway across the board, so watch the breadth for timing, especially short term measures.

isatrader

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(2016-09-10, 01:44 PM)isatrader Wrote: Here's the quick overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: a pullback is underway across the board, so watch the breadth for timing, especially short term measures.

Are these items discussed in Stan's book? Can't seem to find them.

(2016-09-11, 11:29 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Are these items discussed in Stan's book? Can't seem to find them.

Chapter 8 discusses the major breadth measures that the method uses. i.e. the Advance Decline, New High New Lows etc. Whereas the moving average breadth measures are the closest thing that retail traders have to the proprietary NYSE Stages Survey (page 77) that is done in the monthly Global Trend Alert that Weinstein's firm produces, and he has said in the past that it's around 75-80% in line with it.

Market Breadth is a major part of Weinstein's method, and over 50 different technical measures are used in his research to make up the "Weight of Evidence". So if you aren't using the market breadth, then you are not properly following the method, as it's a critical component of it and in my opinion the single most important part of it for determining the market stages and timing.

isatrader

(2016-09-11, 11:51 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-09-11, 11:29 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Are these items discussed in Stan's book? Can't seem to find them.

Chapter 8 discusses the major breadth measures that the method uses. i.e. the Advance Decline, New High New Lows etc. Whereas the moving average breadth measures are the closest thing that retail traders have to the proprietary NYSE Stages Survey (page 77) that is done in the monthly Global Trend Alert that Weinstein's firm produces, and he has said in the past that it's around 75-80% in line with it.

Market Breadth is a major part of Weinstein's method, and over 50 different technical measures are used in his research to make up the "Weight of Evidence". So if you aren't using the market breadth, then you are not properly following the method, as it's a critical component of it and in my opinion the single most important part of it for determining the market stages and timing.

I read those. Just didn't know it was called market breadth indicators. I was trying to find the momentum index like the one on page 284. Which one of the charts posted above is it? I see a few that look like it but they all have different names i.e. spxa200r spxa150 etc. is it the 200 one since the books talks about the nyse ad date for the latest 200 sessions?