Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 95

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

(2019-06-08, 07:36 PM)moneymaker Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm using tradingview.com for my charts and I've noticed something odd with the moving averages.

When I change the viewing range, it seems like the moving average changes but it shouldn't.

For example, look at these images:

In the second image (6 months range), the MA(150) closely follows the SP between February and May. When I change the viewing range to 1 year, the moving average changes and doesn't follow the same distribution anymore. All I did between the second and first image was switch the viewing range from 6 months to 1 year.

This is odd, right?

I've had a look at the charts on there and you are correct in that the moving average changes on some of the different time frames and looks like a bug in their software. So I'd recommend that you report it to their website administrators as a bug to try and get it fixed, if that's the software that you choose to use for your charts.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2019-06-09, 06:07 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2019-06-08, 07:36 PM)moneymaker Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm using tradingview.com for my charts and I've noticed something odd with the moving averages.

When I change the viewing range, it seems like the moving average changes but it shouldn't.

For example, look at these images:

In the second image (6 months range), the MA(150) closely follows the SP between February and May. When I change the viewing range to 1 year, the moving average changes and doesn't follow the same distribution anymore. All I did between the second and first image was switch the viewing range from 6 months to 1 year.

This is odd, right?

I've had a look at the charts on there and you are correct in that the moving average changes on some of the different time frames and looks like a bug in their software. So I'd recommend that you report it to their website administrators as a bug to try and get it fixed, if that's the software that you choose to use for your charts.
I concur, it looks like the MA on the 6 month period chart is a bit faster than a 50 day MA, rather than the 150 day MA indicated.

Thank you both.

Mark Minervini interview

Another interesting Mark Minervini interview: http://www.minervini.com/traders_edge.pdf

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Mark Minervini interview

(2019-06-10, 10:58 PM)isatrader Wrote: Another interesting Mark Minervini interview: http://www.minervini.com/traders_edge.pdf

Useful snippet, in part of the reply to How did you system perform i the recent bear market?

...However, in a whipsaw environment, the risk in using relatively tight stops is getting repeatedly stopped-out and suffering a  large loss as a result of a bunch of small losses.  We have seen big gains lately in the US stock mark...

This was what was getting me when I was only buying when market breadth was at the top.

Applying stage analysis to a monthly chart

Has anyone looked at applying stage analysis to monthly charts?
I want to create a strategy that trades off monthly..each month i want to put money into something and ideally i'd like to apply the same principles. the problem i'm finding however is its not so easy as pullbacks are less common/less pronounced

in theory, given the price action is less pronounced, you'd think it was easier...
any thoughts welcome?

RE: Applying stage analysis to a monthly chart

(2019-06-16, 05:29 PM)malaguti Wrote: Has anyone looked at applying stage analysis to monthly charts?
I want to create a strategy that trades off monthly..each month i want to put money into something and ideally i'd like to apply the same principles. the problem i'm finding however is its not so easy as pullbacks are less common/less pronounced

in theory, given the price action is less pronounced, you'd think it was easier...
any thoughts welcome?

I use identical chart settings for the Monthly as I do for the Weekly.

I think you'll find that you'd be getting into more new highs than pullbacks when using Monthly charts, which is not a bad thing, as you are getting into something already in a weekly Stage 2 at that point.

isatrader

RE: Applying stage analysis to a monthly chart

(2019-06-16, 05:41 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 05:29 PM)malaguti Wrote: Has anyone looked at applying stage analysis to monthly charts?

any thoughts welcome?

I use identical chart settings for the Monthly as I do for the Weekly.

I think you'll find that you'd be getting into more new highs than pullbacks when using Monthly charts, which is not a bad thing, as you are getting into something already in a weekly Stage 2 at that point.
i was kind of hoping you wouldn't say that Smile
a stage 4 is so late waiting for a 30sma MA to move down. do you perhaps apply the trader method therefore the 10sma?
and just to confirm, you would not have entered until 2012 as per the attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)