Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 97

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

I think it just entered stage 2: the MA(30) just started an increasing trend and the share price just went above it. 

But I might be stage 1 still. I'm not sure. 

I have attached the graph I used to analyze it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2019-06-23, 02:19 PM)moneymaker Wrote: I think it just entered stage 2: the MA(30) just started an increasing trend and the share price just went above it. 

But I might be stage 1 still. I'm not sure. 

I have attached the graph I used to analyze it.

thats much better, now i can see what you are looking at: a daily chart. any reason why you've chosen daily on an investor method?
that aside, and applying the principles to daily
price is breaking up and down through the MA where the price was previously in an downtrend..suggesting a stage 1 still but a late stage 1 as the MA is clearly favouring the upside
you could argue that the stage 2 entry might have been june, but that would have been far too early in my opinion
so if price is in a stage 1 (on  a daily chart), where is the breakout point? 
you alluded to a recent breakout...i see an obvious breakout at 16, but given that price is still below yesterday, what breakout did you see?

now apply that to a weekly chart, where is the most obvious potential resistance?
if you were to buy after a close above 16 where is your stop loss.
what does that say given the possible resistance, and where your stop might currently be set if you were to enter

what sector is CPL in? presumably Energy..is that a strong sector right now?
what does the sector chart tell you about the possibilities of this stock?

I know it's confusing but CPL is in Utilities (according to yahoo finance), which is a good performing sector right now.

I do not pay attention to whether it's a daily or weekly chart, maybe I should. I don't remember reading about this in Stan's book, I will check it out.

The breakout point I'm referring to is around 15, right when there was a huge volume spike in june.

The potential resistances will be 17 and 18 but I don't think they are very strong resistances since there is not many people who bought at these prices, the recent volume spikes should be enough to propel the share price above these two resistances.

If I buy this stock right now, my stop loss would be at the lowest recent support (which is 14) because if the stock breaks that support there are not many lower supports for the stock to rebound on.

I hope that makes sense.

(2019-06-23, 03:15 PM)moneymaker Wrote: I know it's confusing but CPL is in Utilities (according to yahoo finance), which is a good performing sector right now.

I do not pay attention to whether it's a daily or weekly chart, maybe I should. I don't remember reading about this in Stan's book, I will check it out.

The breakout point I'm referring to is around 15, right when there was a huge volume spike in june.

The potential resistances will be 17 and 18 but I don't think they are very strong resistances since there is not many people who bought at these prices, the recent volume spikes should be enough to propel the share price above these two resistances.

If I buy this stock right now, my stop loss would be at the lowest recent support (which is 14) because if the stock breaks that support there are not many lower supports for the stock to rebound on.

I hope that makes sense.

ok, page 34 talks about when to buy. a breakout is not a breakout on volume. volume should be confirming "the breakout". so you need to learn the ideal time to entry. pages 34 and chapter 3. I'd go over these again and look at the section which ISA's put together
https://stageanalysis.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

all the way through the book he refers to a 30week sma. this is admittedly personal preference but if you're new, i'd be looking at weekly

so potential resistance at 17/18 and stop loss at 14 not good odds. you have no idea whether potential resistance could be strong or not, but given that the point at 18 has been most recently a few weeks ago and then previously in september i'd probably say it could be one to watch

and yes its the utilities sector..so now apply the same criteria to all the others, however i would really look at the book again and rather than look at buying any, use it as an opportunity to learn the method. 

happy to help for the others

(This post was last modified: 2019-06-23, 04:44 PM by moneymaker.)

Ok thanks for your help. I will study isatrader's thread and re-do my analysis on the 3 of them. I will post my findings here to see if I understand correctly.

(2019-06-23, 04:42 PM)moneymaker Wrote: Ok thanks for your help. I will study isatrader's thread and re-do my analysis on the 3 of them. I will post my findings here to see if I understand correctly.

I think I just misunderstood what's actually a breakout. I thought it's when a stock breaks above the MA(30). But it's actually when it breaks above a resistance.

(2019-06-30, 04:41 AM)moneymaker Wrote:
(2019-06-23, 04:42 PM)moneymaker Wrote: Ok thanks for your help. I will study isatrader's thread and re-do my analysis on the 3 of them. I will post my findings here to see if I understand correctly.

I think I just misunderstood what's actually a breakout. I thought it's when a stock breaks above the MA(30). But it's actually when it breaks above a resistance.

Indeed correct, the last resistance (often the last high) will prove to be the breakout point. and then volume is supposed to confirm this breakout. please though go through the threads as has been mentioned on here, the ichimoku cloud (especially on the daily) will also highlight potential resistance. somewhat uncannily.
mark these on your charts, and then you're questions will help you, and help us in getting to the answers quicker
ISA has on his threads a 10 point checklist. go through them and at least have your own ranking criteria
we are happy to help, even though i gave you a hard time. its not for my ego but your journey.

(This post was last modified: 2019-06-30, 04:46 PM by briansmith456.)

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions-ROS.V

Hi,
I was hoping someone could look at ROS.V.
It had a 2 yr base and broke out big on huge volume and now is testing the 30 ema (fell on large vol to roughly 30 ema area-perhaps the large volume pullback is a red flag?).

When would one look to buy this given it looks like it is an opportunity to buy here as it retests the 30 ema area. It is a mining stock.

Thanks for your help,
Brian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)