Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 157

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

Hi,

I hope all of you are fine!

I am really wondering which MA length to use on the Daily Chart. I follow the Stage Analysis Twitter, Udemy , and so on:
- sometimes you use the 30/10 MA`s on the Daily chart, but sometimes the 50/150/200 MA`s. When should you use which combination (i guess 50/150/200 is more long-term)?
- When I get it correct, on Intraday charts (H4,H2, M30 and so on) you should always use the 30/10 MA`s settings?

Is that correct? Or is there any tip/rule to determine which combination where to use?

Thank you!

(2021-05-12, 02:58 AM)bagholderwithaplan Wrote: I'm so very grateful for this forum, especially this thread. I've found answers to many questions I've been looking for as well as answers to questions I never thought of.
I apologize if this question has been answered already, but I'm a little confused about the momentum index. I've tried building it on stockcharts but I don't understand how I go about creating the zero line. Help!!!

Here's the settings for the Momentum index in stockcharts

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2021-05-18, 07:39 AM)fabi470 Wrote: Hi,

I hope all of you are fine!

I am really wondering which MA length to use on the Daily Chart. I follow the Stage Analysis Twitter, Udemy , and so on:
- sometimes you use the 30/10 MA`s on the Daily chart, but sometimes the 50/150/200 MA`s. When should you use which combination (i guess 50/150/200 is more long-term)?
- When I get it correct, on Intraday charts (H4,H2, M30 and so on) you should always use the 30/10 MA`s settings?

Is that correct? Or is there any tip/rule to determine which combination where to use?

Thank you!

So the main chart settings I use are:

Weekly: 10 week MA / 30 week MA
Daily: 50 day MA / 150 day MA / 200 day MA
2 hour (all intraday charts): 10 bar MA / 30 bar MA

So on the daily the 50 day MA is equivalent to the 10 week MA, and the 150 day MA is equivalent to the 30 week MA

I only use the 10 day MA and 30 day MA on the daily chart to provide an alternative view on Daily chart, as generally I want to be focused mainly on the major weekly MAs. As the major Stages are all done via the weekly chart.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2021-05-18, 10:06 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-05-12, 02:58 AM)bagholderwithaplan Wrote: I'm so very grateful for this forum, especially this thread. I've found answers to many questions I've been looking for as well as answers to questions I never thought of.
I apologize if this question has been answered already, but I'm a little confused about the momentum index. I've tried building it on stockcharts but I don't understand how I go about creating the zero line. Help!!!

Here's the settings for the Momentum index in stockcharts
Thank you Isatrader, exactly what I was looking for

I'm looking into Chargepoint CHPT, unfortunately it just went public no longer time ago which does not have all the technical indicators to analyze it as of Stan suggestions. In this case, how do you make your decision or is something that Stan suggests that I', missing in the book?

Hi, on the daily watchlist of charts that you post what are you watching for to trigger a posible buy . Thanks in advance, dave

(This post was last modified: 2021-05-29, 07:51 AM by Lebo44.)

Hi,

do you know how diversified Stan Weinstein was? Or what kind of diversification he recommended? I don't remember he mentioned in his books or interviews the optimal number of stocks to own.

Thanks in advance

(2021-05-29, 07:51 AM)Lebo44 Wrote: Hi,

do you know how diversified Stan Weinstein was? Or what kind of diversification he recommended? I don't remember he mentioned in his books or interviews the optimal number of stocks to own.

Thanks in advance

This is discussed at the end of Chapter 4, p. 136 - 138 Don't pull all of your eggs in one basket.