Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 155

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

(2021-02-24, 09:18 PM)arkyuan Wrote: I want to learn some fundamentals. Any recommendations for book or materials?

Only one book you need for that imo.

How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System In Good Times And Bad, Fourth Edition by William O'Neil

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Make-Money-...032&sr=8-1

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2021-03-04, 08:49 PM by golubka20@gmail.com.)

Hello, everyone.
I have a question. How do you determine where to buy. What chart ( weekly or daily ) should I use.
For example, stock RIG-
If I look at the 1.6month chart weekly looks like it is started advancing - lt could be a good potential to buy

But if I look at 9 monthly -daily chart then it could be late to buy as it is very late at Stage 2B.

Would appreciate the help here. What are your thoughts?

(2021-03-04, 08:45 PM)golubka20@gmail.com Wrote: Hello, everyone.
I have a question. How do you determine where to buy. What chart ( weekly or daily ) should I use.
For example, stock RIG-
If I look at the 1.6month chart weekly looks like it is started advancing - lt could be a good potential to buy

But if I look at 9 monthly -daily chart then it could be late to buy as it is very late at Stage 2B.

Would appreciate the help here. What are your thoughts?

The Stages are determined on the weekly chart. So RIG for example is in early Stage 2 attempting to make its first continuation breakout through the old resistance levels.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

I was wondering if anyone out there is using Tradingview.com to scan for stage 2 charts and what parameters are you using to filter the screener with.

thanks in advance

Hi Does the RS line and zero line have meaning on the daily chart? Let's say the RS line is above the zero on the daily but not on weekly. Example EURN and DHT. On the weekly they're both above their 30WMA. Thanks

(2021-03-08, 12:51 AM)miche Wrote: Hi Does the RS line and zero line have meaning on the daily chart? Let's say the RS line is above the zero on the daily but not on weekly. Example EURN and DHT. On the weekly they're both above their 30WMA. Thanks

To my knowledge, the RS line is on the weekly and daily chart are interchangeable. The zero line is a 52w MA on the weekly while 252d MA on the daily. The purpose of the RS line is to show an assets performance vs the SPX, over the past year. Therefore, it should not matter, whether or not you look at a daily or weekly chart. The zero line is at the place of equilibrium between the two.

- Marcus Haugaard
"The Tape Tells All" - Stan Weinstein

Thanks for responding. I guess I'm confused for example  DHT on the weekly the RS shows weakness as the zero line is above but the opposite on the daily (looks good RS above zero line) Make sense? Thanks pid='17462' dateline='1615234867'][attachment=41103]

(2021-03-08, 12:51 AM)miche Wrote: Hi Does the RS line and zero line have meaning on the daily chart? Let's say the RS line is above the zero on the daily but not on weekly. Example EURN and DHT. On the weekly they're both above their 30WMA. Thanks

To my knowledge, the RS line is on the weekly and daily chart are interchangeable. The zero line is a 52w MA on the weekly while 252d MA on the daily. The purpose of the RS line is to show an assets performance vs the SPX, over the past year. Therefore, it should not matter, whether or not you look at a daily or weekly chart. The zero line is at the place of equilibrium between the two.[/quote]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2021-03-10, 09:15 PM)miche Wrote: Thanks for responding. I guess I'm confused for example  DHT on the weekly the RS shows weakness as the zero line is above but the opposite on the daily (looks good RS above zero line) Make sense? Thanks

Change the setting on your daily chart to 252 for a closer comparison to the 52 week. Looks like you've got it set to shorter value like 200.

isatrader