Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 156

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

(2021-03-10, 09:45 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-03-10, 09:15 PM)miche Wrote: Thanks for responding. I guess I'm confused for example  DHT on the weekly the RS shows weakness as the zero line is above but the opposite on the daily (looks good RS above zero line) Make sense? Thanks

Change the setting on your daily chart to 252 for a closer comparison to the 52 week. Looks like you've got it set to shorter value like 200.

Thanks I was able to change the source code! Makes sense now!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi isatrader,

You mentioned about examples from GTAs in different occasions, but I can only find the 2005 GTA and not the 2012 one. Do you still have a hold of the 2012 GTA that you could share?

Thanks,
Harry

(2021-03-21, 07:22 PM)harry Wrote: Hi isatrader,

You mentioned about examples from GTAs in different occasions, but I can only find the 2005 GTA and not the 2012 one. Do you still have a hold of the 2012 GTA that you could share?

Thanks,
Harry

I was asked not to share that one publicly, as Stan kindly gave me a trial for a month after his financial sense interviews. But I did use what I learned from the content throughout the site in numerous places. Some direct examples that I analysed can be seen in the stop loss positioning thread for example.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2021-03-21, 09:07 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-03-21, 07:22 PM)harry Wrote: Hi isatrader,

Thanks,
Harry

I was asked not to share that one publicly, as Stan kindly gave me a trial for a month after his financial sense interviews. But I did use what I learned from the content throughout the site in numerous places. Some direct examples that I analysed can be seen in the stop loss positioning thread for example.

Understand. Thanks

Hello everyone,

Greetings from Poland! This is my first post on the forum. First of all I want to congratulate the owner for such a comprehensive analysis of Stan's method and gathering so many useful materials on this. I didn't expect that because Stan is not as popular as William O'Neill and his CANSLIM method. 

I really liked the interview from Technically Speaking but I couldn't access the interviews from Financial Sense Sad  Does anybody has an access and could share it with me? 
https://www.financialsense.com/contribut...-weinstein

I hope I'll contribute to the forum a little bit. I'm a big fan of Stan and been studying his methods thoroughly for few months already.

Thanks, B

(2013-02-27, 05:13 PM)isatrader Wrote: It was brought to my attention in another post that people might be scared to post in the main discussion thread because they are new to the method and don't want to ask basic questions that might have been answered elsewhere etc.

So this is the thread for those kind of questions, if you've been unable to find the answer elsewhere on the site in the Stage Analysis Board or off site in the previous Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis thread on t2w.

Don't feel you have to be shy, as we are all learning the method and are at different stages, so hopefully some of the more knowledgeable members of the method will be able to help you out.

Here's an example question for you:
Quote:Q. What free charting software can you use to create Weinstein style charts.

A. There are number of sites that are able to do it. ProRealTime lets you make charts identical to what I do on here for free, and Stockcharts is another excellent site that can create charts that are close to what the method requires, however, to create the Mansfield Relative Strength part you need to have a subscription. Chartmill has the Mansfield Relative Strength built in like ProRealTime does, but is mainly focused on US Charts I believe. The other free option you can use is Freestockcharts. I hope that helps.

So as I said above, don't feel embarrassed to ask a question on here, as one of my aims of the site is for everyone to help each other learn so that we can all do better in own own trading.
In the past I tried several tools including Chartmill, all of these tools give a good graph interface and etc.  I know is subjective but I see several people using stockcharts, how easy is to do scans and use Weinstein style charts? What is that you like most about Stockcharts.

Stage Analysis on different time frames

A frequent question is can you use Stage Analysis on other timeframes?

Yes, but always consider the major weekly Stage first & then look at other timeframes to help with timing entries

For example the TSLA weekly chart is in late Stage 2, known as Stage 2B (and may even potentially be early Stage 3), and the daily TSLA chart is in Stage 1, and the intraday 2 hour chart attempted a Stage 2A breakout, but fell back into Stage 1 on that timeframe.

So a Stage 2A breakout on the intraday (2 hour) and daily charts, would be an early entry point for a Stage 2 continuation breakout on the weekly chart for example. So can be really useful for buying pullbacks on weekly Stage 2 advances for example.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

I'm so very grateful for this forum, especially this thread. I've found answers to many questions I've been looking for as well as answers to questions I never thought of.
I apologize if this question has been answered already, but I'm a little confused about the momentum index. I've tried building it on stockcharts but I don't understand how I go about creating the zero line. Help!!!