Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 113

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

I'm looking at a Bond ETF that will protect my portfolio in case equities take a downturn. I know, Stain mentioned using money market but I would like something that gives more "dividends" than money market and is relatively safe if we have the same downturn as 2008. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(2020-02-04, 04:12 PM)alphatech Wrote: I'm looking at a Bond ETF that will protect my portfolio in case equities take a downturn.  I know, Stain mentioned using money market but I would like something that gives more "dividends" than money market and is relatively safe if we have the same downturn as 2008.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It's not an ETF, but I have money parked in NHMAX, which is a muni fund and therefore has tax benefits (in the U.S.)  I get it through Fidelity without a load.

(2020-02-04, 02:18 AM)Tryst Wrote: Thanks for Malaguti for replying.

Your comment raises another good point...does historical support and resistence hold much weight. I guess there is two points here: psychological (round numbers, historical pivot points etc) and support/resistence that are truly based on holders at those price points that hold on until they break even. Would buyers of the stock up at 5 hold on for that amount of years before breaking even when it gets back to 5 again. A question I guess is does very old historical tops/bottoms (and I mean over 5 years) have much weight as the buyers/sellers at this price points would have, over time, relenquished their stock. However, if you look at Silvers rise to $50 back at the start of the last decade, it hit the same price that silver hit back in the early 80's (so here $50 is a psycogological price on the chart).

Just to go back on my original question, I guess what Im trying to say is that...in trending markets (up or down) stock prices play out in the form of patterns. Is it when the markets are playing ball, these patterns play out, and they only change course when the markets wobble and everything gets thrown out, so the market loses its posture and partterns begin to break down.

I'm not positive that i completely understand your question, but i'll do my best to try and answer it.

The older the resistance, the less meaning it holds. Stan generally said, that one shouldn't pay attention to resistance that are two years or older. Other factors can come in to play as well. The more times a resistance is being tested, the more likely it is to fail. Furthermore, the amount of volume in stage 1 also impacts the resistance above, since high volume in stage 1 indicates a transfer of shares to willing buyers and therefore turning the sentiment form bearish to bullish.

- Marcus Haugaard
"The Tape Tells All" - Stan Weinstein

(2020-02-04, 04:12 PM)alphatech Wrote: I'm looking at a Bond ETF that will protect my portfolio in case equities take a downturn.  I know, Stain mentioned using money market but I would like something that gives more "dividends" than money market and is relatively safe if we have the same downturn as 2008.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

take a look at the following bonds:
GAM Star Fund plc - symbol IE00B510J173
Jupiter Strategic Bond - GB00B4T6SD53
Vanguard Global bond index - IE00B50W2R13

currently they are all doing pretty well. I'm holding both Jupiter and Gam star
any questions let me know

I'm wondering of how much your emotions affects your judgment in buying and selling stocks prematurely and how many people are able to follow Stan with these emotions. I'm also wondering how much of success rate you have if you follow Stan to do dot.

(2020-02-06, 04:03 PM)alphatech Wrote: I'm wondering of how much your emotions affects your judgment in buying and selling stocks prematurely and how many people are able to follow Stan with these emotions.  I'm also wondering how much of success rate you have if you follow Stan to do dot.

Personally I suspect that thinking you are control of your emotions and actually being in control are not the same thing.  Also I suspect that no one can actually claim to be completely in control, it is more of a matter of a degree of control.

Thanks for your feedback. I had several stocks that they were definitely in stage 2 but my fear prevailed with the virus scare and I sold them. I try to figure out hoe do I limit these impulses. How do you all handle it?

(2020-02-07, 03:22 PM)alphatech Wrote: Thanks for your feedback.  I had several stocks that they were definitely in stage 2 but my fear prevailed with the virus scare and I sold them.  I try to figure out hoe do I limit these impulses.  How do you all handle it?

You need to decide what kind of trader you are. Are you an investor that can sit patiently through significant pullbacks and only glance at the charts at the weekend, or are you short term trader that looks at the daily charts, that wants to trade in an out of stocks for no more than 3 months at a time. So ideally you should decide which you are, and focus your efforts on that. As it's very hard to do both imo.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.