Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 112

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

(2020-01-28, 07:55 PM)malaguti Wrote: no really, im just looking for where support might come in to play. 
so now going back to the action, its pretty clear, a bounce today, thats great, but we want to see price now recovering past the resistance line. it could be that it will look to fill the gap and then drop, but lets not predict. macd is dropping, but not crossed yet, so still relatively buillish. 
take a look at the SPY, that has come into support also off a rising trend line..remarkable how everything often follows suit
anyway, hope that helps

I think this applies to myself as well.  I need to sort out timeframes and I think that perhaps I've been a bit too nevervous of drops and too short term.

Did anyone create a stock screener from CartMill based on Stan theory and willing to share?

I know my chart needs work, but I am looking at DB with interest.  Any thoughts, anyone?

(2020-01-30, 06:06 PM)hummigbird Wrote: I know my chart needs work, but I am looking at DB with interest.  Any thoughts, anyone?

And I'm not sure why the chart appears 3 times!

(2020-01-30, 06:06 PM)hummigbird Wrote: I know my chart needs work, but I am looking at DB with interest.  Any thoughts, anyone?

my thoughts are:
nice example of coming out of stage 1
quite a bit of resistance immediately ahead, a little more further up
I'd want to see the first resistance area cleared first, then some pullback, and then i'd take another look
macd only just coming above zero, and this often turns back down, so reiterating the above point, lets see how weak strong the buyers are, so i'd want a pullback
still in the ichimoku cloud, so want to see some air cover as it were
lastly, the monthly is in a long term downtrend

a lovely example, but a few negatives would make me hesitate

hope that helps

Attached Files
.pdf   DB.pdf (Size: 88.07 KB / Downloads: 153)
(This post was last modified: 2020-02-02, 10:26 AM by Tryst. Edit Reason: spelling & typo )

What is more important/relevant and likely to prevail over time....when it comes to chart partterns of moving averages.

One chart I have talked about here since IsaTrader added it to the watch list late last year. The US stock is Antares Pharma (ATRS). From the attached chart you can see a great base building over two years ago. The support line, you would think is pretty strong having been tested 3/4 times over that time span (as resistence).

So my question is, are chart patterns more powerful or are moving averages. I guess, but correct me if I am wrong, moving averages ultimately uphold the trend.

If you look at the chart for ATRS the support line, which was formarly resistance, it was hardly tested. It bounced off it the week before last, but with the Indexes and Stocks getting a bit of a clobber this past week, it looks like the support line wasn't strong enough so the price cut right through it, and also this week it went through the 30 SMA. The 40 SMA is next by the looks of it.

If anyone has any links to some online material, or knows any good books that cover this exact stuff, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

(2020-02-02, 10:20 AM)Tryst Wrote: What is more important/relevant and likely to prevail over time....when it comes to chart partterns of moving averages.

One chart I have talked about here since IsaTrader added it to the watch list late last year. The US stock is Antares Pharma (ATRS). From the attached chart you can see a great base building over two years ago. The support line, you would think is pretty strong having been tested 3/4 times over that time span (as resistence).

So my question is, are chart patterns more powerful or are moving averages. I guess, but correct me if I am wrong, moving averages ultimately uphold the trend.

If you look at the chart for ATRS the support line, which was formarly resistance, it was hardly tested. It bounced off it the week before last, but with the Indexes and Stocks getting a bit of a clobber this past week, it looks like the support line wasn't strong enough so the price cut right through it, and also this week it went through the 30 SMA. The 40 SMA is next by the looks of it.

If anyone has any links to some online material, or knows any good books that cover this exact stuff, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Moving averages have been around for hundred years I think, support and resistance has been around for decades prior
your chart has a very clear line of resistance which has not been broken for the last 20 years. every time it hits 5, it falls to a downtrend
4 and 5 seem to be very strong, but 5 is obviously stronger
personally, i've never really paid much attention. 
I find support and resistance fantastic in hindsight. if price is rising strongly enough, its going to smash right through it, both going up and coming back down, however we do have to give ourselves a fighting chance and that line at 5 is your time to be very very wary

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for Malaguti for replying.

Your comment raises another good point...does historical support and resistence hold much weight. I guess there is two points here: psychological (round numbers, historical pivot points etc) and support/resistence that are truly based on holders at those price points that hold on until they break even. Would buyers of the stock up at 5 hold on for that amount of years before breaking even when it gets back to 5 again. A question I guess is does very old historical tops/bottoms (and I mean over 5 years) have much weight as the buyers/sellers at this price points would have, over time, relenquished their stock. However, if you look at Silvers rise to $50 back at the start of the last decade, it hit the same price that silver hit back in the early 80's (so here $50 is a psycogological price on the chart).

Just to go back on my original question, I guess what Im trying to say is that...in trending markets (up or down) stock prices play out in the form of patterns. Is it when the markets are playing ball, these patterns play out, and they only change course when the markets wobble and everything gets thrown out, so the market loses its posture and partterns begin to break down.