Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 115

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

(2020-03-20, 07:58 AM)stanhao Wrote: HI isatrader!I found that the 60-week moving average in the stock market is more accurate. Do you agree?

I'm not sure what you are referring to. More accurate than what, and in what way?

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

How can I use computer software to write stocks that meet Stan's criteria? Is there a formula for this? Thank you!

(This post was last modified: 2020-03-27, 08:04 PM by malaguti.)

(2020-03-27, 04:36 AM)stanhao Wrote: How can I use computer software to write stocks that meet Stan's criteria? Is there a formula for this? Thank you!

Hi Stanhoe, you can use computers to help you scan or filter stocks that meet your criteria
there is only one that i know that specifically looks at the individual stages. that's called Chartmill
Other software, such as pro real time, metatsock, amibroker etc allow you to "code" your own criteria but I have found that particularly time consuming. 

otherwise what is often easier to do, is to use these software to partially filter, such as stocks above the 30sma or the mansfield relative strength above zero. something like that is generally very easy. so there are choices, its finding the one that best fits your needs. then as you become more proficient, you could look at some of the advanced features of these software packages

its a long rewarding journey, best of luck with it

(2020-03-20, 07:58 AM)stanhao Wrote: HI isatrader!I found that the 60-week moving average in the stock market is more accurate. Do you agree?

I wouldnt say more accurate. I've personally found the 50week often fits better stocks movement, however its only supposed to be used as a guide. 
"where is price in relation to the average" makes the average itself very very flexible in terms of length
also, considering recent market movements, the 50 or even worse your 60sma makes your stop loss further away and you really dont want that right now

(2020-03-27, 08:03 PM)malaguti Wrote:

I wouldnt say more accurate. I've personally found the 50week often fits better stocks movement, however its only supposed to be used as a guide. 
"where is price in relation to the average" makes the average itself very very flexible in terms of length
also, considering recent market movements, the 50 or even worse your 60sma makes your stop loss further away and you really dont want that right now

Especially with 7-10% swings in any direction being normal at the moment.

(2020-03-27, 07:59 PM)malaguti Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 04:36 AM)stanhao Wrote: How can I use computer software to write stocks that meet Stan's criteria? Is there a formula for this? Thank you!

Hi Stanhoe, you can use computers to help you scan or filter stocks that meet your criteria
there is only one that i know that specifically looks at the individual stages. that's called Chartmill
Other software, such as pro real time, metatsock, amibroker etc allow you to "code" your own criteria but I have found that particularly time consuming. 

otherwise what is often easier to do, is to use these software to partially filter, such as stocks above the 30sma or the mansfield relative strength above zero. something like that is generally very easy. so there are choices, its finding the one that best fits your needs. then as you become more proficient, you could look at some of the advanced features of these software packages

Which is free and more suitable for investors? (Mainly used in the method of selecting Stan)

(2020-03-30, 11:19 AM)stanhao Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 07:59 PM)malaguti Wrote:

Which is free and more suitable for investors? (Mainly used in the method of selecting Stan)

Hi Stanhoe, you are able to check yourself
amibroker is free and prorealtime is free of the few that i mentioned. they both still have paid/subscription levels attached to them
i'd encourage you to find this out, perhaps trial them and see which one works for you and then as you trial them you will find out which parts work well or not for your specific needs. as all of ours are different, my requirement from a software package will no doubt differ considerably to yours thats why i try every one that i come across and are interested in

(This post was last modified: 2020-04-05, 09:04 AM by stanhao.)

Hello everyone, please check my screenshots in this book. When making commodities and stock index futures, a short-term moving average is needed, but why does spot gold use a weekly chart and a 30-week moving average? (S & P futures also use weekly charts) Is this an error in the printing of this book, or is Mr. Stan's description incorrect? Can someone help me explain?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)