Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 9

RE: Introduce yourself here!

Hey guys, I just created great a Twitter account and created a List (Stage Analyst), to use as a live chat room to call our trades live or at least point out stocks that are making a move during trading hours. It’s hard for me to access the Stage Analysis website from my work computer as I have a day job, but Twitter is easy to access on my Iphone. I was part of a group on Facebook that chatted during market hours that worked great from an Iphone, but Twitter is faster and better. By the way I recently left that group because of lack of continuity; too many people with too many crazy ideas and strategies. It go way too disjointed to be of any use. I’m sure they miss me now LOL! I would have loved to post my EGLE trade on 9/17, but I couldn’t. And I would like to hear your thoughts and trades as well.

Send me a tweet to add you or follow me @jere_ornelas and I will add you to the list. By using the list we can chat amongst ourselves outside the rest of the Twittersphere!

Feeling stoked hope to hear from you guy tomorrow!

(2013-09-20, 05:28 AM)Jere Wrote: Hey guys, I just created great a Twitter account and created a List (Stage Analyst), to use as a live chat room to call our trades live or at least point out stocks that are making a move during trading hours. It’s hard for me to access the Stage Analysis website from my work computer as I have a day job, but Twitter is easy to access on my Iphone. I was part of a group on Facebook that chatted during market hours that worked great from an Iphone, but Twitter is faster and better. By the way I recently left that group because of lack of continuity; too many people with too many crazy ideas and strategies. It go way too disjointed to be of any use. I’m sure they miss me now LOL! I would have loved to post my EGLE trade on 9/17, but I couldn’t. And I would like to hear your thoughts and trades as well.

Send me a tweet to add you or follow me @jere_ornelas and I will add you to the list. By using the list we can chat amongst ourselves outside the rest of the Twittersphere!

Hi Jere, it's a good idea for the more short term traders among the group, however, my concern is that your private list on twitter is not attached to this site and so people who don't look at that also won't see the updates.

A different option is to this is to use a hash tag in twitter and add #stageanalysis to the end of each tweet. This creates a separate twitter stream which the whole world can see.

To see the stream in twitter you just need to put #stageanalysis into the search box and it will show all the tweets that have the #stageanalysis added to them from now on. And also if you follow @stageanalysis then you'll see all of the tweets that I post on twitter and stocktwits.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2013-09-20, 12:51 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2013-09-20, 05:28 AM)Jere Wrote: Hey guys, I just created great a Twitter account and created a List (Stage Analyst), to use as a live chat room to call our trades live or at least point out stocks that are making a move during trading hours. It’s hard for me to access the Stage Analysis website from my work computer as I have a day job, but Twitter is easy to access on my Iphone. I was part of a group on Facebook that chatted during market hours that worked great from an Iphone, but Twitter is faster and better. By the way I recently left that group because of lack of continuity; too many people with too many crazy ideas and strategies. It go way too disjointed to be of any use. I’m sure they miss me now LOL! I would have loved to post my EGLE trade on 9/17, but I couldn’t. And I would like to hear your thoughts and trades as well.

Hi Jere, it's a good idea for the more short term traders among the group, however, my concern is that your private list on twitter is not attached to this site and so people who don't look at that also won't see the updates.

A different option is to this is to use a hash tag in twitter and add #stageanalysis to the end of each tweet. This creates a separate twitter stream which the whole world can see.

To see the stream in twitter you just need to put #stageanalysis into the search box and it will show all the tweets that have the #stageanalysis added to them from now on. And also if you follow @stageanalysis then you'll see all of the tweets that I post on twitter and stocktwits.

I like Isatrader idea better. I'll be on twitter nonetheless!

Hi,

just signed up to the forum. Decided to give investing a more serious look this year after I made some money on a few shares more by luck than judgement last year. Found out about Stan Weinstein's book by searching Amazon for 'stocks' and 'bear' after the rapid peak and drop in Apr-June is and the ongoing wiggling in the FTSE. Took heed from the reviews to ignore the cheesy cover on the book.

I had bought some shares / funds on a value(ish) basis, but I did try and by ones which were at least increasing (did not know it was stage 2 at the time). Following on from reading the book I've been closing out of stuff that is going into stage 4 and starting to invest using the books methods. Early days yet the few things I've bought are still early in stage 2. Waiting to see how things pan out.

(2013-10-20, 05:02 PM)pcabc Wrote: Hi,

just signed up to the forum. Decided to give investing a more serious look this year after I made some money on a few shares more by luck than judgement last year. Found out about Stan Weinstein's book by searching Amazon for 'stocks' and 'bear' after the rapid peak and drop in Apr-June is and the ongoing wiggling in the FTSE. Took heed from the reviews to ignore the cheesy cover on the book.

I had bought some shares / funds on a value(ish) basis, but I did try and by ones which were at least increasing (did not know it was stage 2 at the time). Following on from reading the book I've been closing out of stuff that is going into stage 4 and starting to invest using the books methods. Early days yet the few things I've bought are still early in stage 2. Waiting to see how things pan out.

Welcome to the site pcabc, and to all the other new members that have registered recently that I haven't spoken to yet.

As I've said before, there's a lot of information on the website and also on the previous thread on T2W, so let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to help. But take some time to explore the various threads as you'll find a lot of questions have already been asked.

If however, you don't find the answers to your questions then the best place for new questions about the method is the Beginners Questions thread or you can private message me if you have any questions about the site.

Cheers

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi Everyone,

For the past few years I've been of the value investor school of thought and believed TA was a bunch of garbage.

I more and more came to see TA as helpful for timing entries and exits even on fundamental based trades. I spent a lot of time reading Michael Burry's old posts on SiliconInvestor and saw that TA helped him in this regard. I also read "The Emotionally Intelligent Investor" in which Chapter 8 does a fantastic job of tying TA chart patterns to investor psychology (in other words showing its not all superstition or self-fulfilling prophecies).

I'm now looking to test a few hypothesis on trading; my first tests will likely be Stan's method on its own. And then from there I may try to incorporate fundamentals and use TA for better entries/exits etc. I'll record my results as I go.

Trading/Investing for me is my fun on the side whereas I still make my main income from investing in small companies and opportunities. One of my major plays right now is buying homes across a few states in America from Fannie/Freddie, I then have crews in each state who renovate before I flip the property.

Speculating is fun to me because its the only place where you cannot manipulate your environment - You have to straight up beat the game to win and I like something about that notion.

BoyPlunger

(2013-11-20, 08:15 PM)BoyPlunger Wrote: Hi Everyone,

For the past few years I've been of the value investor school of thought and believed TA was a bunch of garbage.

I more and more came to see TA as helpful for timing entries and exits even on fundamental based trades. I spent a lot of time reading Michael Burry's old posts on SiliconInvestor and saw that TA helped him in this regard. I also read "The Emotionally Intelligent Investor" in which Chapter 8 does a fantastic job of tying TA chart patterns to investor psychology (in other words showing its not all superstition or self-fulfilling prophecies).

I'm now looking to test a few hypothesis on trading; my first tests will likely be Stan's method on its own. And then from there I may try to incorporate fundamentals and use TA for better entries/exits etc. I'll record my results as I go.

Trading/Investing for me is my fun on the side whereas I still make my main income from investing in small companies and opportunities. One of my major plays right now is buying homes across a few states in America from Fannie/Freddie, I then have crews in each state who renovate before I flip the property.

Speculating is fun to me because its the only place where you cannot manipulate your environment - You have to straight up beat the game to win and I like something about that notion.

BoyPlunger

Welcome to the site BoyPlunger. There's a lot of information on here and the old thread on t2w from my own research and the various discussions with other traders on virtually all aspects of the book/method. Some areas have been covered more than others, but it's still a work in progress for me, and so there's still plenty more for me to do.

I hope you enjoy the site, and if you have any questions it's best to post them in the beginners thread so that everyone can see the questions and answers. But do let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

isatrader

(2013-11-20, 08:15 PM)BoyPlunger Wrote: For the past few years I've been of the value investor school of thought and believed TA was a bunch of garbage.

Hey BP,

Welcome to the group. I felt the same way for a long time that fundamentals were king and that technicals were hocus pocus. If you have good earnings and fundamentals, then your stock is always going to go up, right??!! That was until several of my holdings that had good earnings and fundamentals still took a nose dive. I had no idea about stages, moving averages, or relative performance at that time. After reading Stan's book, I kinda migrated to the other end of the spectrum where I thought techinicals above all else. In the 3 months since finishing the book, I'm thinking now that it's probably a good mix of the two (finding good stocks w/ good technicals & good fundamentals) but I'm probably still leaning 75/25 towards technicals being most important.

Anyways, there are a lot of smart people here so hopefully you will be able to contribute and get something out of our group.

Cheers!

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan