Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 8

RE: Introduce yourself here!

Hello to Everyone!

I have been trading in mostly a fundamental manner for the last 8 or so years. My first book I read was Phil Towns "Rule One" and thought it was great so mostly my trading was based around that and reading anything I could on Warren Buffet. While buy and hold seems to work for Warren and Phil it sometimes worked for me and sometimes didn't.
A bit frustrated I decided I needed a better approach to help me not only protect my money but also grow it. I then started reading Market Wizards and from there went to technical trading books where I finally came across Stan's book. A lot of lights came on for me although I'm not quite finished his book. I plan to re-read it again a few times. Seeing that it is a very disciplined approached way of trading thereby taking all the emotion out is what I am after. I totally appreciate his stage analysis as it seems correct and easy enough to follow for most part. Of course hindsight always helps and the finished charts clearly show how the trade should have went.
Always doing more research I came across Isatrader's forum here and decided to join up. Excellent website by the way Isatrader!
I am from Canada and really looking forward to learning the Weinstein method and hopefully making money at it consistently.

Welcome to the site 68fastback,

There's a lot of information on the site and the previous thread on T2W, so let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to help.

The best place for initial questions about the method is the Beginners Questions thread or you can private message me if you have any questions about the site.

Cheers

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hey all,

Glad to have stumbled across this forum of like minded individuals. I am about halfway thru Weinstein's book and am extremely impressed, intrigued, and excited by what I've learned so far. I've been trading for about 2.5 years now and honestly haven't really made much (or any) money on my own so far so I am very excited to put Mr. Stan's wise words into action.

From here, I will move over to the Beginner's Questions section so I can learn how to navigate the site and get started. I'm happy to be here and I hope I can make some valuable contributions to the board. I hope to learn a lot from the group and hopefully we will all make some money along the way.

Cheers!
Mike

--"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

Welcome to the forum theory6453, and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

I hope the site can help you and let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to answer them.

Cheers

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-08-31, 02:56 AM by Jere.)

Hello everyone,
Quick Facts:
I've been trading since 2008. My last 3 years have been very profitable. Stumble on the Stan Winstein the first quarter of 2013.
I trade anything that has volume generally +5 million or more shares, US Markets only.My speculative plays at minimum have to trade a million dollars or more:
# of shares X Price >= 1,000,000.
I don’t trade biotechs or thinly traded stocks.
I like and use thinkorswim's free charting platform, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, excel, and I'm pretty good at computer coding (See my two custom indicators below, Two Colored Mansfield Line and moving average to gauge direction of the SMA).

At this point, there is probably not an indicator or method that I haven't tried or studied. What a waste of time and money! Newbies be warned, find a method and stick with it!

I’m a recovering over analyzer and indicator abuser. I started off with CANSLIM, did great. Thought I could do better and got lost in the weeds. Should have stayed with it. Information overload can distract you from where your true focus should be. CANSLIM is similar to stage analysis , but what draws me to Stan’s method is the way you can front run earnings. By the time investors.com/IBD puts a stock on it’s list, its already gone. With Stan’s method you can buy the stock before its on William O’neil’s watchlist/paper. See my example below.

Nonetheless, I found you guys, and maybe I can find me a home here. Unfortunately, it seems that most of you are in Europe? I’m in the US.

Also, I'm married with two daughters, which should explain any future absences. I always wanted to be rich and surrounded by women. So far I got it half right!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I just wanted say a big welcome to all of our new members recently, and that I'm very pleased with how the forum is developing so far.

It's now been six months since I created the StageAnalysis forum and today we got our 100th member on the site, which was investry. So welcome to the site. Smile

As Jere noted in his previous post, the locations of our members is quite varied, with a number of the original members that came over from the previous Trade2win forum Stage Analysis thread, coming from the UK, who are the vocal minority. But we have a lot of US members as well, and quite a few other locations around the world too. So it doesn't matter where you are from as everyone trading Weinstein's method is welcome here.

I hope that the site continues to grow and think that we can create a really good community focused around Weinstein's method. I've attached the latest board statistics in case anyone is interested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Hello everyone

Been trading since 2008 - started in the middle of the market meltdown and will always remember my first trade going long on RBS as it broke below £1 as a lecturer of mine at the time thought it was cheap! Huh

Learnt many expensive lessons since that day! But will always be grateful to have experienced that kind of market so early on in my trading career.

I recently read Mr Weinstein's fabulous book so very glad to have stumbled across this forum whilst looking for information about Stan.

Even though I've been trading over 5 years I still have much to learn and I am in particular looking to strengthen my technical analysis

In my personal life I am an IT professional, I am also a finance graduate (where I picked up trading at uni)

hopefully I will get time to contribute lots to this great forum.

Regards,

(2013-09-04, 08:55 PM)FXTrader Wrote: Hello everyone

Been trading since 2008 - started in the middle of the market meltdown and will always remember my first trade going long on RBS as it broke below £1 as a lecturer of mine at the time thought it was cheap! Huh

Learnt many expensive lessons since that day! But will always be grateful to have experienced that kind of market so early on in my trading career.

I recently read Mr Weinstein's fabulous book so very glad to have stumbled across this forum whilst looking for information about Stan.

Even though I've been trading over 5 years I still have much to learn and I am in particular looking to strengthen my technical analysis

In my personal life I am an IT professional, I am also a finance graduate (where I picked up trading at uni)

hopefully I will get time to contribute lots to this great forum.

Regards,

Welcome to the site FXTrader, it's good to have you here.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help with the site, which you can do either on the boards or by private message.

I hope you enjoy the site.

Cheers

isatrader