Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Introduce yourself here! - Page 7

RE: Introduce yourself here!

Hi Red1234, and welcome to the site.

Have you had a listen to the two Stan Weinstein Financial Newshour interviews yet? In both he interviews he explains what he had to do with his economics degree to become a professional trader Smile

I'm also still going through the other t2w website as still got a bit o catch up on there.

(2013-07-16, 11:29 PM)Tryst Wrote: Have you had a listen to the two Stan Weinstein Financial Newshour interviews yet?

For anyone that wants to listen to the interviews, there have actually been five interviews since November 2011 on the Financial Sense Newshour. Here's the link:

http://www.financialsense.com/contributo...-weinstein

And also a member on the old t2w thread posted an excerpt from Stan Weinstein's interview in the "Technically Speaking" book, which went into more details that weren't in his book. Here's the link to that as well:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technica...ost2037672

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For anyone new, I would advise them to make notes on the different aspects of the method and cross reference them to pages in the books, post numbers on Isa's T2W thread, similarly with posts here and also to timing in the audio recordings. You will almost definitely want to revisit the key concepts at least once and with them all cross referenced the task will be a lot easier.

The more I revisit the book the more I appreciate how much information is contained within and not a word of fluff. In my experience it's difficult to say that about any other book on trading.

Good luck.

Thanks for he links isatrader, didn't know there was three other ones, prior. I'll give them a listen.

One other piece of material involving Sam Weinstein is his piece in The Heretics of Finance. A couple of pages are missing as its a sample but its still worth a read...

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=c6L0c...in&f=false

(This post was last modified: 2013-07-22, 07:09 PM by Red1324.)

(2013-07-17, 11:28 PM)Tryst Wrote: One other piece of material involving Sam Weinstein is his piece in The Heretics of Finance. A couple of pages are missing as its a sample but its still worth a read...

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=c6L0c...in&f=false

Thanks for the link. That seems like a very interesting book.

Edit: Doesn't cost much either. I'm adding this to my list of books to read!

Looking for Tech Analysis Reading Material...

Hi,
I am a newbie, newbie. Fresh off Stan's book. I have read many books on stock trading, but I haven't made the move to the Stock market yet. Can anyone suggest new reading material based on Tech Analysis or something similar to Stan's Stage Analysis. Thanks in advance.

The book Point and Figure Charting by Thomas J. Dorsey is one of the closest methods to Weinstein's imo, as it's based around advanced relative strength concepts and price action. The major difference being that it instead teaches point and figure charting methods, which give a different perspective on the same data and make identifying key support and resistance level very simple.

I checked on Amazon, and they've just done a fourth edition of the book which is out next week in the US and month later in the UK.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

I just finished Weinsteins book and I am very excited to be apart of this forum on his trading techniques. I plan on using his suggestions on stock picking and implementing new strategies found on this forum.
I look forward to getting started.