Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 257

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

This ETF is on my watchlist for this week. I want to see a friday close below the neckline of the H&S-pattern.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2016-01-20, 12:03 AM)Chartmill Wrote: This ETF is on my watchlist for this week. I want to see a friday close below the neckline of the H&S-pattern.

I'd recommend using logarithmic charts on weekly charts, as it is very hard to correctly identify the stages without it. As on your chart the 2011 severe Stage 4 breakdown looks like a small blip on your chart without logarithmic scaling, but was actually worse than where we are currently.

On VTI I disagree with your Stages assessment as it closed below a major weekly swing low in August 2015, and so moved into Stage 4A then imo, and then had a typical recovery rally that we often see in early Stage 4A, and has broken another set of weekly swing lows that formed below a declining 30 week MA in late last year, and so has resumed the Stage 4A decline. The break below where you have marked up would be first continuation below major support imo, which is the move into the major phase of Stage 4.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

ANIP - Stage 4 continuation breakdown attempt

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

ARWR - a single digit midget making a Stage 4 continuation breakdown after a year of attempting to form a Stage 1 base.

isatrader

I was looking at the chart of FSLR and looks to me like it's entered stage 2 on the week of December 14 on large volume with the breakout price being around 63.40. Anyone else's thoughts?

FSLR looks like a nice double bottom, and good RS, the volume did pick up on the breakout but it didn't follow thru with exceptional strength. Also has some nearby resistance which I would see as negative.

Aside from that, don't forget the "forest thru the trees" approach. I am not sure where this would fit in to all of your holdings but I think now most opportunities will be found on the short side and I think he mentions that the market and sector are more important than the chart itself.

STOR - primary base breakout attempt with a little better than average volume and strong relative strength.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2016-01-24, 03:49 PM by pcabc.)

With the recent discussion of gold miners please see attached my own revised breadth chart for gold miners. Notice that this is calculated from a limited selection of miners and no particular care was taken with their selection. Advancing / declining volume is added but although I implemented the code today its not been tested.

My main observation is that the advancing / declining volume seems to be turning up.

I suspect that if gold has an upturn this is an area to watch.