Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 256

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

My short watch list for today UNH, CBRL, LLL, BWLD, CVS
Might go for CVS as risk/reward looks most favourable.

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

A few for the US Short watchlist from Friday's P&F double bottom breakdowns - RPM, INTU, LRCX, ABC, AMRI, AAT, STLD

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Silicon Graphics (SGI)

This one popped up in my screener this weekend...

English is not my native language (Belgium) but i think the chart speaks for itself.

SGI chart

BTW, very impressive work Isa on this Stage Analysis thing!

(2016-01-17, 12:10 PM)Chartmill Wrote: Silicon Graphics (SGI)

English is not my native language (Belgium) but i think the chart speaks for itself.

SGI chart

It appears to be breaking out after a long decline. However, given the overall market breadth which is not good for the long side and the technology sector chart I'd suspect that this is not the time to go long.

YMMV

(2016-01-17, 12:10 PM)Chartmill Wrote: Silicon Graphics (SGI)

SGI chart

Hi Chartmill,

Thank you and welcome to the site.

SGI is what we'd call an early Stage 2A breakout attempt, from a small base, that is still under considerable resistance. The relative volume was strong at more than 4x the weekly average and relative performance is breaking above a still declining zero line. But the small base and position under the resistance would make it unattractive in terms of the Stage Analysis method, as resistance is a major consideration of the method.

It is also going against the major market trend which is in a Stage 4 decline currently, and so would only be considered by the method if it had an exceptional A+ type pattern as explained in the book. As going long during a Stage 4 decline is one of Stan's "Don't Commandments" from the book. So the focus currently for US stocks is on the short side.

I'm not saying that it won't do well. But just that in terms of the methods rules, it only meets a few criteria, and breaks a number rules as mentioned above, and so wouldn't be considered by someone following the methods rules strictly.

I marked up the charts below so that you can compare to other examples on here.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Yep , for the US-longtermtrend, i look @ QQQ, DIA SPY and IWM. Most of them are currently in a stage 3 phase, except for the Russel2000 - smallcaps (IWM) > since last week in an early stage 4 phase. Increased sell volume also... Interesting times!

(2016-01-17, 01:59 PM)Chartmill Wrote: Yep , for the US-longtermtrend, i look @ QQQ, DIA SPY and IWM. Most of them are currently in a stage 3 phase, except for the Russel2000 - smallcaps (IWM) > since last week in an early stage 4 phase. Increased sell volume also... Interesting times!

Weinstein's method is all about playing the winning percentages - as he says on page 76 in the book. And if you reread the Forest to the Trees approach on page 75 you will in Weinstein's words "...find yourself heavily invested in the best acting stocks when the market is powering ahead, and sitting on large cash reserves when the overall trend turns bearish."

isatrader

Stage Analysis (Weinstein) added to ChartMill http://www.chartmill.com/documentation.p...rtmill&o=5

This is a first go at it ... any feedback is welcome to improve this
More to come

I'll put this here, perhaps an admin (isaTrader?) can give this a more apropriate place
Txs!