Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 240

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

Some shorts for the skittish amongst us. Smile
CNW, GWR (railway/freight sector breaking down)
VSH, KATE, TKR

WWWW looks like its at the correct buy point
THC (lots of health/hospitals broke out yesterday on mega volume- group confirmation or blow off tops?)

FEYE pulling back to its continuation breakout and 50 day ma
CYBR back at its 50 day ma

Some shorts:
STX (Stan said to short big run-ups, well STX is up from $3 in 2009 to $50 now)
HPQ, ATW, MON, SNDK

(2015-06-29, 03:49 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: Some shorts:
STX (Stan said to short big run-ups, well STX is up from $3 in 2009 to $50 now)
HPQ, ATW, MON, SNDK

Would it not be a bit early with the S&P MA150d still rising?

yes I agree, I always get burnt shorting under those circumstances, I'm doing hit and runs, I went long 500 FEYE at the open, sold it and shorted 500 STX just below $50, took profits on STX and now I'm long 200 PRGO at 185

(2015-06-29, 07:46 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: yes I agree, I always get burnt shorting under those circumstances, I'm doing hit and runs, I went long 500 FEYE at the open, sold it and shorted 500 STX just below $50, took profits on STX and now I'm long 200 PRGO at 185

I had a go in the large pullback last year and mainly lost. Perhaps the time was not right.

Pcabc,
I think the trick is to be nimble. I ended up £640 today, taking advantage of the volatility with quick trades.
I might give some back tomorrow though. I couldn't resist going short again. I closed out my PRGO at breakeven and re-shorted 500 STX near the close, so the Greek crisis will definitely be resolved overnight and the DOW will gap up 500 points. Smile