Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 214

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2015-03-03, 12:54 AM)isatrader Wrote: The RS trend on Weinstein method charts is done using a 52 week MA on the RS chart versus the S&P 500. This is what we call the "zero line" as it's what is used to create the flat Mansfield RS zero line used in the chart examples in the book. See example here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=31

But on here we've been able to take the zero line concept further, as my studies have indicated that the angle of the 52 week RS MA is also critically important and must be either flattening or rising on the Stage 2A breakout, for the best probabilities of a successful breakout. However, if the 52 week RS MA is still declining, or the breakout occurs while still below the 52 week RS MA, then the probabilities of a failed breakout are much greater.

So the "zero line" I talk of in the RS of the charts is the one year moving average, and hence one year trend of the relative performance versus the S&P 500 and so gives you the same information as the P&F RS charts, as it filters out the noise of the daily RS moves.

Thanks for the link to the thread about the 'relative performance' Isatrader. Very interesting thread, well written and I think a correct way of interpreting!
Now I understand the concept of the 'zero line' you are using.

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...

AEO - Stage 2A breakout attempt, with relative performance strengthening above a flattening zero line.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2015-02-09, 12:05 AM)isatrader Wrote: Attached is a number of the Stage 2 continuation attempts that came up in the Elite Board this week - FLWS, ANW, ABCD, GNVC, CTSH, PBH, LXFT, CEB, CHRS, COTY, MTSN, LNKD, ONNN, ACLS, FSS

To see all of the daily updates in the Elite Board - register for free here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/member.ph...n=register and get a one week free trial to the Elite members board.

Will there be a list of breakout candidates for march. Also could you possibly post a TSX stock or two if possible in the future.

jim

A few forthe US long watchlist from the intraday scans - ZIXI (Stage 2A), GERN (Stage 1), QURE, SKUL, ATHM

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2015-03-05, 02:35 AM)mucked4u Wrote: Will there be a list of breakout candidates for march. Also could you possibly post a TSX stock or two if possible in the future.

jim

Apologies, I haven't done many posts in the free section recently, but will try and do more.

But if you want to see the regular watchlist picks then you need to join the elite board, as they are posted daily and during the trading day as I find them. Whereas I tend to update the free section with some of the stocks that have come in the week on the elite board at the weekends when I have more time.

isatrader

MEI - Stage 2 continuation attempt

isatrader

(2015-03-05, 09:59 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 02:35 AM)mucked4u Wrote: Will there be a list of breakout candidates for march. Also could you possibly post a TSX stock or two if possible in the future.

jim

Apologies, I haven't done many posts in the free section recently, but will try and do more.

But if you want to see the regular watchlist picks then you need to join the elite board, as they are posted daily and during the trading day as I find them. Whereas I tend to update the free section with some of the stocks that have come in the week on the elite board at the weekends when I have more time.

You do a great service for us and its appreciated. Whether free or not. Will check the elite members site.

jim

A few for the US long watchlist - TSE (Stage 2A attempt), PGTI (Stage 2A attempt), KYTH, RGLS

isatrader