Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 199

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

LMNS - Potential for a new Stage 2A breakout attempt from it's primary base since the IPO

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

COSI - Attempting to make a Stage 2A breakout with strong relative volume intraday

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A pullback, RHT:

A few for the US watchlist - AOS, DEG, SIMO, PLNR (earnings 3rd Feb), RESN

isatrader

A few more for the watchlist, that have both come up previously in the last month or so - CDXS, MTSN

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2015-01-28, 06:47 PM by Lplate.)

Just looking at a bearish chemical stock Huntsman Corp HUN http://scharts.co/18uSUMo I just post it as an example, that bulls should have exited around 25 in early October, but (leaving aside the SPX was still rising) shorts would not be looking at it yet.
In late Oct there was a big bounce to the breakdown level at 26.
The November turnaround at 27 was not on particularly high volume, I think, so still we might not have been looking at it.
It is not until the big down candle in December to 22, that it would be noticed, but you'd think Ah the stop has to be above 26/27
It is not until late December that you see the bounce up to 23/24 and then has failed on volume It is not until this point that you think: Aha, yes, even though it's resting at 22, I can have a go at this now, though feel a little late to the party, so it will be as a continuation short, with a stop above 23/24 and a T1 of 20 and T2 of 18.

It is a dilemma, isn't it, how much time to spend on potential future candidates way before they trigger on a scan

A few from my intraday scans for the watchlist - BA, CRUS (Stage 2A breakout attempt), IMAX

isatrader

(2015-01-28, 06:46 PM)Lplate Wrote: It is a dilemma, isn't it, how much time to spend on potential future candidates way before they trigger on a scan

I find myself spending a fair bit of time on them many months before they reach the buy level, but often forget about them until they pop up in my scan again. So I need to work out a system to monitor the watchlist stocks better after I've posted them so that they don't drop off my radar.

isatrader