Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 191

RE: Investor Method Watchlist

A few of the strongest gold mining stocks:

GFI - New Stage 2A breakout attempt following a failed Stage 2A breakout in August. Volume is a bit above average, but didn't meet the 2x requirement that we look for. However, relative performance is strong and above a newly rising zero line and it's cleared near term resistance, and so showing good potential so far, but volume needs to improve.

CG.TO - Stage 1B. Watching for a Stage 2A breakout attempt.

WDO.TO - moved into Stage 2A in early December following a one year Stage 1 base and has shown an consistent increase in the relative volume since. Watch how it behaves on the initial Stage 2 pullback.

RIC.TO - the strongest gold stock of the last six months (stockcharts SCTR of 99.6), now attempting to make a further Stage 2 continuation breakout.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

BSX was brought to my attention by one our new members - Amedee, and is a good example of what the Stage Analysis website is all about, as I would have missed it otherwise, as it was just short of the volume requirement that I look for, but looks promising none the less.

BSX had a strong Stage 2 advance in 2013 before it topped out after a 100%+ move and is now attempting to make a fresh Stage 2 breakout to new highs from a cup and handle type formation in the last six months or so. As I said, volume was just under the 2x weekly requirement, but relative performance versus the market has broken back above a flat zero line, and it's in a strong sub sector within Health Care, which is the strongest major sector currently.

It looks a little extended short term from last weeks breakout, and so I'd be looking for a pullback into the lower $14 zone for a potential entry point, as that would have a more acceptable distance to the stop loss position imo. But we don't always get what we want, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one during the week.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

BEAT - In the same sector as the previous post. Potential for a Stage 2 continuation attempt to new highs. One year cup and handle pattern developing.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2015-01-12, 12:36 PM by Amedee.)

[quote='isatrader' pid='6414' dateline='1421056131']
BEAT - In the same sector as the previous post. Potential for a Stage 2 continuation attempt to new highs. One year cup and handle pattern developing.

---
About BEAT, after breaking the BRL (this is the red 44° bullish resistance line on the P&F chart that Isatrader posted or on my chart the blue dotted line coming down @ $9.5) I see some hesitation in the development of the pattern and yet no confirmation on the RS trend vs SPXEWI. I think the entry is also a difficult RR (reward to risk) story...

I think BSX is better but if you are not in yet, it's like you said, better to wait for a pull back (I am happy to be in with calls jan15 strike 14 and feb15 strike 13 that I bought end of October). I hope to add on a pull back
On my P&F breaking BRL/strong RS and 'Weinstein' watchlist are also CLDX, AMED, TSRO , INFI among others. CLDX, TSRO and INFI all nearing or making a triple top buy signal on the RS chart (right handed side of the P&F thumbs) wich is a very bullish sign!

Am I correct in saying?
- CLDX = stage 1B
- AMED = stage 2
- TSRO = stage 2
- INFI = stage 1B

But I am always looking for low initial risk an good RR. Thats also the reason why I sometimes buy calls depending on the premium and volatility.

Good luck to everyone,
Amedee

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...

(2015-01-12, 12:23 PM)Amedee Wrote: Am I correct in saying?
- CLDX = stage 1B
- AMED = stage 2
- TSRO = stage 2
- INFI = stage 1B

CLDX made an early Stage 2A breakout into strong resistance in November, and immediately pulled back and has consolidated around the breakout level. So technically in early Stage 2A, but as the breakout immediately pulled back and it's still in the resistance zone, then a 1B rating would be more appropriate imo, as it needs to clear the November high before it's more interesting.

AMED is Stage 2, whereas TSRO is only a month or so since it's Stage 2A breakout, and it's hasn't had it's first significant pullback yet. So I'd class it as still in Stage 2A.

INFI I'd say had a failed Stage 2A breakout attempt at the start of December and has made lowers highs since on the weekly. So I'd put it as back in Stage 1 currently, but would upgrade it to Stage 1B when it turns up again within the range.

Also, just a note. But when you post a quote from a previous post, you need to include the closing [/quote] tag at the end of the quote. So make sure you don't delete that, as you have in a few posts.

I hope that helps

isatrader

(2015-01-12, 01:02 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2015-01-12, 12:23 PM)Amedee Wrote: Am I correct in saying?
- CLDX = stage 1B
- AMED = stage 2
- TSRO = stage 2
- INFI = stage 1B

CLDX made an early Stage 2A breakout into strong resistance in November, and immediately pulled back and has consolidated around the breakout level. So technically in early Stage 2A, but as the breakout immediately pulled back and it's still in the resistance zone, then a 1B rating would be more appropriate imo, as it needs to clear the November high before it's more interesting.

AMED is Stage 2, whereas TSRO is only a month or so since it's Stage 2A breakout, and it's hasn't had it's first significant pullback yet. So I'd class it as still in Stage 2A.

INFI I'd say had a failed Stage 2A breakout attempt at the start of December and has made lowers highs since on the weekly. So I'd put it as back in Stage 1 currently, but would upgrade it to Stage 1B when it turns up again within the range.

Also, just a note. But when you post a quote from a previous post, you need to include the closing
tag at the end of the quote. So make sure you don't delete that, as you have in a few posts.

I hope that helps
[/quote]

Ok, thank you, I will read your comments attentive. Good to tell me about that quote... I'l give it a try with this one...
DEPO is perhaps another one for the watch list: stage 2?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...

(2015-01-12, 01:21 PM)Amedee Wrote: DEPO is perhaps another one for the watch list: stage 2?

It's made a Stage 2 continuation, but the volumes fairly weak still. For continuation breakouts from a significant consolidation like that one you ideally want to see at least 3x the average daily volume on the breakout day, and then the 2x weekly average volume requirement by the end of the breakout week. So yes, it's back in Stage 2 and may go higher from here, but it is not showing any energy to go significantly higher via a change in the recent volume. And one of the main components of Weinstein's method is to consider is the opportunity costs (see page 97 in the book) of any trade you are considering.

isatrader

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

A few for the US watchlist intraday - CARB, TNP, NCFT

isatrader