Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 188

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

IPHI - Stage 2 continuation attempt to new multi year highs

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-03, 06:18 PM by StageAnalysis.)

RE: Investor Method Watchlist

I am new, but according to my understanding this is breakout for the investors?

https://www.tradingview.com/v/DLrDM8xB/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2015-01-03, 01:38 PM)Haridas Wrote: I am new, but according to my understanding this is breakout for the investors?

No. Although technically in early Stage 2, HHS doesn't meet the strict entry criteria that the method requires. As all stocks move into Stage 2 at some point, but the purpose of the method is to identify the few stocks that show the potential to become the A+ big winners and have 100%+ moves during their Stage 2 advance. HHS still is yet to overcome near term resistance, has had no volume expansion since the breakout, and had no Stage 1 basing time. And so you need to consider the opportunity cost of investing in it over something with much better technical attributes.

To get a better idea of the entry criteria see the Stage Analysis Breakout Quality Checklist and to go more in-depth and understand what we are looking for, and why we'd pick a certain Stage 2A breakout over another, read the Stage Analysis Study Guide - Questions and Answers thread.

I hope that helps.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-04, 01:13 AM by Haridas.)

(2015-01-03, 06:31 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 01:38 PM)Haridas Wrote: I am new, but according to my understanding this is breakout for the investors?

No. Although technically in early Stage 2, HHS doesn't meet the strict entry criteria that the method requires. As all stocks move into Stage 2 at some point, but the purpose of the method is to identify the few stocks that show the potential to become the A+ big winners and have 100%+ moves during their Stage 2 advance. HHS still is yet to overcome near term resistance, has had no volume expansion since the breakout, and had no Stage 1 basing time. And so you need to consider the opportunity cost of investing in it over something with much better technical attributes.

To get a better idea of the entry criteria see the Stage Analysis Breakout Quality Checklist and to go more in-depth and understand what we are looking for, and why we'd pick a certain Stage 2A breakout over another, read the Stage Analysis Study Guide - Questions and Answers thread.

I hope that helps.

Thank you for the answer. So do you think this is better pick?

http://take.ms/15lQ6

Is my setup correct?

(2015-01-04, 01:12 AM)Haridas Wrote: Thank you for the answer. So do you think this is better pick?

http://take.ms/15lQ6

Is my setup correct?

It is more advanced in Stage 2, as it's already been in Stage 2 for around six months, and is currently on it's second significant pullback. It had a modest improvement in volume on it's initial advance, but not the kind of mega volume that we really want to see. So it's a reasonable Stage 2 stock, but certainly not an A+ candidate from it's initial advance.

You chart setup looks a little bit long for a weekly chart setup. Consider cutting it down to around a max of 3 years in view, so that you focus on the more relevant support and resistance, and also consider using a logarithmic scale, so that you can see the movements within Stage 1 clearly. The chart settings that we use on here can be found in the first post of the Stage Analysis Study Guide thread.

For longer term charts, I'd recommend using the same settings as the weekly on a monthly chart, as you want to see progression through the various timescales. i.e. A Stage 2A breakout on the weekly chart should be accompanied by the stock at least moving above it's 30 month MA on the monthly chart and hence into early Stage 1A on the monthly time frame, and a Stage 2 continuation breakout to new 52 week highs on the daily chart. So improvement on multiple timeframes is required.

isatrader

MIFI - Attempting it's initial Stage 2 continuation breakout, and idf you look at the P&F chart for the longer term picture then you can see that it's also challenging multi year highs and approaching the top of it's monthly Stage 1 range.

isatrader

RDWR - consolidating near it all time highs within it's current Stage 2 advance. Nice volatility contraction over the last four years as it consolidated it's 2009-10 big Stage advance.

isatrader

RIC - Attempting a further Stage 2 continuation

Disclosure: I own this stock via it's dual listing RIC.TO in the Canadian market from the 18th Nov 14.

isatrader