Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 474

RE: Entry ARB (ARGO Blockchain)

(2021-01-29, 11:56 AM)isatrader Wrote: Went long ARB (ARGO Blockchain) this morning in the SIPP at 79.55 following last nights bitcoin miner dominated watchlist. ARB is the only bitcoin miner listed on the LSE, but had superior RS and volume to a lot of the others, and already popped to over 90 this morning as bitcoin started to breakout from the pullback to the 50 day MA. So a promising start on this one, which is a medium to long term hold for me hopefully.

https://twitter.com/stageanalysis/status...33249?s=20

This one turning into a monster stock for me. Hopefully I can ride it for a long while to come as the bitcoin Stage 2 advance matures. The dual listing $ARBKF popped a further 40% after the UK close on Friday. So is up well over 100% in just a few weeks. So need to consider how to handle it as I had a 25% position size when I opened it. So may be up to 35-40% size now depending on how it opens tomorrow. So need to decide whether I'm going to trim some or trail a tighter stop to take partial profits on any weakness, or accept the volatility and let the whole thing ride. Is one of those nice problems to have.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2021-02-14, 10:54 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-01-29, 11:56 AM)isatrader Wrote: Went long ARB (ARGO Blockchain) this morning in the SIPP at 79.55 following last nights bitcoin miner dominated watchlist. ARB is the only bitcoin miner listed on the LSE, but had superior RS and volume to a lot of the others, and already popped to over 90 this morning as bitcoin started to breakout from the pullback to the 50 day MA. So a promising start on this one, which is a medium to long term hold for me hopefully.

This one turning into a monster stock for me. Hopefully I can ride it for a long while to come as the bitcoin Stage 2 advance matures. The dual listing $ARBKF popped a further 40% after the UK close on Friday. So is up well over 100% in just a few weeks. So need to consider how to handle it as I had a 25% position size when I opened it. So may be up to 35-40% size now depending on how it opens tomorrow. So need to decide whether I'm going to trim some or trail a tighter stop to take partial profits on any weakness, or accept the volatility and let the whole thing ride. Is one of those nice problems to have.

Sadly there is too little data to compile breadth data for the blockchain sector (I've captured stocks with 'Blockchain' in there title, so I will have missed a few).  And sadly no UK ETF.

(2021-02-15, 12:27 AM)pcabc Wrote: Sadly there is too little data to compile breadth data for the blockchain sector (I've captured stocks with 'Blockchain' in there title, so I will have missed a few).  And sadly no UK ETF.

ARB is the only bitcoin miner listed in the UK, so gets some heavy volume (68 million last week, and 30 million average weekly volume). BLOK is the US etf of the bitcoin miners. But SI is the major stock at the moment in the US imo that a lot of people and institutions are focusing on, and I have a big 38% size position in that too, but in the swing trade account instead.

Here's the weekly group charts of the bitcoin miners that I post on twitter each week at the moment:

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2021-02-15, 12:32 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-02-15, 12:27 AM)pcabc Wrote: Sadly there is too little data to compile breadth data for the blockchain sector (I've captured stocks with 'Blockchain' in there title, so I will have missed a few).  And sadly no UK ETF.

ARB is the only bitcoin miner listed in the UK, so gets some heavy volume (68 million last week, and 30 million average weekly volume). BLOK is the US etf of the bitcoin miners. But SI is the major stock at the moment in the US imo that a lot of people and institutions are focusing on, and I have a big 38% size position in that too, but in the swing trade account instead.

Here's the weekly group charts of the bitcoin miners that I post on twitter each week at the moment:

Thanks.  I can include those in my blockchain list.  Its a relatively small task to generate a breadth chart.  However, with such a small pool new highs minus new lows etc might not be so helpful.  However, it looking at the charts for what I have so far a lot of the charts are very noisy had have a lot of gaps.  I tend to see that on very thinly traded stocks.  Perhaps my provider is not so good with these or perhaps some other providers apply some sort of filtering to get better data.  Normally it has little effect as I'd consider a stock with poor data not one I'd want to trade anyway.  However, I have seen a stock that you have traded that I had very poor data for.  As these stocks generally are very new the moving averages might not be valid reducing the quality of the output.

I'll look at producing a breadth chart and see how it looks.

(2021-02-14, 10:54 PM)isatrader Wrote:

It broke out today.  I put in an order at 153p, so if there is a shakeout I might get in at a good price.  I doubt I will, but you never know, there might be a shakeout that will help me get in.

(2021-02-15, 10:49 PM)pcabc Wrote: It broke out today.  I put in an order at 153p, so if there is a shakeout I might get in at a good price.  I doubt I will, but you never know, there might be a shakeout that will help me get in.

I'll be trimming personally if it drops back below 160, as that's my 100% gain level, so want to make sure that I at least close some above 100% gain. But if the Bitcoin Stage 2 advance can continue for a long time then a smaller stock like this could leverage it's returns multiple times. So I'm going for a big swing on this one.

isatrader

(2021-02-15, 01:54 AM)pcabc Wrote: I'll look at producing a breadth chart and see how it looks.

Here's the chart for blockchain companies.  A much cleaner chart than I thought:

(2021-02-15, 11:17 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2021-02-15, 01:54 AM)pcabc Wrote: I'll look at producing a breadth chart and see how it looks.

Here's the chart for blockchain companies.  A much cleaner chart than I thought:

I highlighted the Stage 2A breakout on the 27th July https://twitter.com/stageanalysis/status...99904?s=20. So have a look at what your indicators were like at that point.

isatrader