Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 3

(This post was last modified: 2013-03-05, 05:32 PM by goodtyneguy.)

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

(2013-03-05, 10:19 AM)theblackmamba Wrote: im guilty of this too....
i can't read your epic cods on chart to see which co..do you think we can include them in text box

? they are in there Pete, GASS & GTN. Specsavers Wink

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

There's an awful lot of volume as the price comes back to the BO level!

(2013-03-05, 05:29 PM)goodtyneguy Wrote: There's an awful lot of volume as the price comes back to the BO level!

I focus on the P&F chart for pullback volume compared to the breakout volume as it shows the cumulative volume for each move up and down. But agree it's looks heavier on the daily chart. But it was only on a few days, and so is small compared to the cumulative volume on the breakout column on the P&F chart, so am less concerned and think it will hold if Gold stabilises.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-03-05, 08:00 PM by goodtyneguy.)

(2013-03-05, 05:34 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 05:29 PM)goodtyneguy Wrote: There's an awful lot of volume as the price comes back to the BO level!

I focus on the P&F chart for pullback volume compared to the breakout volume as it shows the cumulative volume for each move up and down. But agree it's looks heavier on the daily chart. But it was only on a few days, and so is small compared to the cumulative volume on the breakout column on the P&F chart, so am less concerned and think it will hold if Gold stabilises.

Yeah, I need to get to grips with P&F charts. I never imagined it would take so much commitment to make this method work.

(This post was last modified: 2013-03-05, 10:38 PM by goodtyneguy.)

(2013-03-05, 04:31 PM)isatrader Wrote: Here's the tables of the today's early breakouts in the US market to look through for any potential Weinstein picks.

I'll try and look through these each day you post them and add any interesting ones with a chart in good time before the end of the US session.

MTG is an interesting one, over 100% move in four days on heavy volume. Tricky one to play as would need to wait for a consolidation or pullback, and continuation move.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Two more for the watchlist before I sign off tonight.

1. EverBank Financial (EVER) had a strong volume test of it's November 2012 high today and closed just below it. Over six times the 200 day average volume.

2. NetQin Mobile (NQ) also had a strong volume day at eight times the 200 day average. Needs to close the week above the October 2012 high. It's also already done 2.58x the 52 week volume average, with two trading days left in the week, so is definitively getting some interest ahead of earnings tomorrow (6th).

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2013-03-06, 06:12 AM by goodtyneguy.)

GNW - Genworth Financial ((Repeated in the traders watch list thread)

I like this one so much that I had to mark up everything I see in this chart. There is a slight negative with it which you will see. Just one other thing, it's a low priced stock just coming into the price range of the radars of the institutional investors as far as I'm aware. Having said that it does look like some big money has been accumulating for a while now. The powerful cup with handle pattern was identified in markets by the legendary William O'Neil. Many stocks go onto make big gains breaking out of these patterns as people who have read O'Neil's How to Make Money in Stocks will know.