Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 357

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

A couple to look at, CABO and IT, having just broken out:

A few additions to the watchlist - EVRG, LIQT, TD

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2018-08-19, 11:24 PM by pcabc.)

Some to watch

BBY, CDNS, CSCO, CTWS, GPN, MMC, NI and PLD:

The cannabis stocks continued their strong few weeks with another volume surge and a few new highs, so I though I'd post them again, as volume going into sectors is one of the key components of the method, so definitely an area to do more research on again for me - CGC, CRON, WEED.TO

And a new addition to the watchlist from tonights scans - SVI.V

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi Isa,

Just wondering what the right breakout point would be for stage 2 continuation on CRON.TO (if the volume follow through later this week). Is it a break above the red line at 10.79, above the the dark blue line sloping down around 9.70, or above the green line around 9.56? I am a bit confused after looking at the Stan's ideal buy for trader graph, thank you.

(2018-08-21, 07:38 AM)tomyoung Wrote: Hi Isa,
Just wondering what the right breakout point would be for stage 2 continuation on CRON.TO (if the volume follow through later this week). Is it a break above the red line at 10.79, above the the dark blue line sloping down around 9.70, or above the green line around 9.56? I am a bit confused after looking at the Stan's ideal buy for trader graph, thank you.

Cronos is dual listed in the US and Canada, so unless you are in Canada, I'd personally look more at the US listed CRON, as it's got much greater volume than the Canadian listing version of the stock and is already close to the 2x volume requirement from just yesterdays trade, so can be fairly confident that it will reach the requirement.

The Stage 2 continutation point would be above the horizontal line that joins multiple points in June and April. So on US listed CRON, that's 8.15. However, it has made a different kind of breakout, which is of the trendline already.

The ideal trader buy pattern is different to this, so you need to judge this one on other factors if you are considering it. The main one imo is always risk. Where would you put your trader stop loss, and then work out the rest from there whether it's tradeable or not for you.

isatrader

(2018-08-21, 08:18 AM)isatrader Wrote: ...
Cronos is dual listed in the US and Canada, so unless you are in Canada, I'd personally look more at the US listed CRON, as it's got much greater volume than the Canadian listing version of the stock and is already close to the 2x volume requirement from just yesterdays trade, so can be fairly confident that it will reach the requirement.

Another reason for me, for dual listed shares, to go for the US ones, is that it would cost me more to buy and sell Canadian stocks.  This might vary from broker to broker, I'm not sure.

(2018-08-21, 08:18 AM)isatrader Wrote: Cronos is dual listed in the US and Canada, so unless you are in Canada, I'd personally look more at the US listed CRON, as it's got much greater volume than the Canadian listing version of the stock and is already close to the 2x volume requirement from just yesterdays trade, so can be fairly confident that it will reach the requirement.
That's the only reason I'm looking at the Canadian version as I'm from Canada, it's just easier for me to practice trading without worrying about the exchange rate.

(2018-08-21, 08:18 AM)isatrader Wrote: The ideal trader buy pattern is different to this, so you need to judge this one on other factors if you are considering it. The main one imo is always risk. Where would you put your trader stop loss, and then work out the rest from there whether it's tradeable or not for you.
Looking at the base it does seem like the stop loss would be quite far from the breakout point (~32%)
2x 52-week ATR is closer at 6.56, but still around 21%, but not around any support. It does seem like many stage 2 I've looked at has far away stop loss, is there any way to remedy this other than taking a smaller position size?