Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 355

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

A few for the watchlist - ARJD, ALSN, APPF, CARG, GOGL, ROYT

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A good amount for the watchlist tonight with some interesting ones. need to check earnings dates though, as I think some are very close.

AER, CASM, ECA, ETE, GKOS, GNRC, GTES, LTRX, MASI, MX, NANO, NM.V, OPY, QGEN, TTMI

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the watchlist from Tuesdays scans - AKCA, AMRS, ATKR, NPTN, TCMD, TSLA, TURN

isatrader

For the watchlist from Wednesdays scans - ALRM, BAND, BOOT, DXPE, KORS, PAA, PAGP

isatrader

For my watchlist from Thursdays relative volume scans - BCRX, INSG, LAUR, MFIN, ROKU, SAIL

isatrader

(2018-04-30, 11:42 PM)isatrader Wrote: My additions to the watchlist from Mondays scans - CCR, GC.TO, HEAR, SIV.V, SPHS

A few notes:

HEAR has had an extreme volume surge for three weeks that has taken it through it's near term resistance zone with a multi digit move. So it's one to watch for what happens on it's first significant pullback once this initial Stage 2A high volume thrust has ended. Watch for a contraction in volume when the pullback occurs, as that will guide as to whether it's suitable or not to consider.

SPHS is making a Stage 2A breakout attempt today. The weekly volume is already above it's one year average volume today, so I would assume that by the end of the week it will make the two times requirement (if the breakout holds) that we look for as it still four more trading days.

SIL.V is interesting looking chart with a stock that's shown that it can really move from it's previous Stage 2 advance and has now formed a volatility contraction pattern and approaches the breakout level with a volume surge today. Am watching the 2.55 level

hi Isa,
   Looking back at the charts for this one, HEAR had contract volume after breaking out but the pullback never happened. I found that's the case for most of the stocks. I was wondering if it's a good idea to enter on a contract volume with no pullbacks? 
   If I look at daily chart, the original breakout happened April 09th, with a pullback at April 12. The volume on April 13 does look scary a bit. But I find April 25 , May 2th or May 9th should be a good entry point already? How many days do we give volume to contract after breakout?
Thanks,
Regards,
Ark,

(2018-08-10, 07:43 PM)arkyuan Wrote: hi Isa,
   Looking back at the charts for this one, HEAR had contract volume after breaking out but the pullback never happened. I found that's the case for most of the stocks. I was wondering if it's a good idea to enter on a contract volume with no pullbacks? 
   If I look at daily chart, the original breakout happened April 09th, with a pullback at April 12. The volume on April 13 does look scary a bit. But I find April 25 , May 2th or May 9th should be a good entry point already? How many days do we give volume to contract after breakout?
Thanks,
Regards,
Ark,

Unfortunately, there's not a good answer for this, as every stock is different, and getting in on pullbacks is very difficult, unless there's a well defined range that has formed over a number of weeks or more. And a pullback doesn't always happen, sometimes, it's simply a consolidation period and then the stock carries on higher and you are forced to watch from the sidelines as there's no low risk entry point. Point and figure charts can be useful for identifying consolidation ranges, and based on it P&F chart, the triple top breakout was on the 3rd May.

However, it had some significant negatives to consider if you were considering trading it at that point. Firstly it had moved 278% from the February low in just 3 months. Secondly, it had moved rapidly through it's resistance ranges. And thirdly it was 144% above it's 30 week MA, and 92% above it's 10 week MA. So, absolutely no chance of a low risk entry imo, and hence why I mentioned it was one to watch to see what happens on it's first significant pullback once the initial Stage 2A high volume thrust had ended. However, it never ended, and infact expanded even more in the following week, and so is simply one that got away, as we are trading and not gambling, and so we have to trade with the information that have at the right edge of the chart. So even though it may look great in hindsight now. There was never a clear entry point imo after when it was first highlighted on 30th April based on what we look for in the method, where you could have used proper money management to limit your risk. As risk should always be the first consideration in any trade. Otherwise you are gambling, and not trading imo.

isatrader