Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 307

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

No many people currently here...
Avnet seems to be in a good shape.

A+
BArra

One tech and three real estate. Note both the Dow Jones and US sector real estate indicies are below a falling MA.

My own, not necessarily to be trusted, breadth chart:

CRNT:

POT - Potential for another Stage 2A breakout attempt following a failed Stage 2A breakout in early December, but will need to see a large jump in volume on the breakout attempt for it to become interesting as currently volume is very light, and wouldn't meet the methods volume requirements, and it's still under it's long term resistance currently. But the Stage 1 base is a good size at 10 months, and so has worked through a lot of the time based resistance.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Marine Transportation sector in Stage 1B

I'm going to try and spend some time going through the industry performance lists this weekend, as being the start of the new year I like to look for early themes and especially sector recovery plays. I haven't had time to do the full 100+ sectors, but from a brief look through some of the top performing sectors this week I've noticed Marine Transportation has a number of stocks attempting to complete decent sized Stage 1 bases, although the Stage 4 declines were very heavy in most, and so they will still likely have a lot of resistance and so could still be too early. But the sector is interesting me, and so I'm going to do some more research as i'm looking for a sector with potential, and as you can see from the SEA ETF that covers the sector, it's moving inot Stage 1B as a sector, and I need to drill down into the individual stocks some more to look for the leaders.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

SHOP - Stage 2 continuation

SHOP - I highlighted the Stage 2A breakout attempt back in July here and now it's attempting to make a Stage 2 continuation breakout to new highs on more than 4x average daily volume after a four month consolidation period. Potential trader entry point today before the close if it stays near the highs of the day imo

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2017-01-05, 11:22 PM by pcabc.)

(2017-01-05, 08:50 PM)isatrader Wrote: ...Marine Transportation has a number of stocks attempting to complete decent sized Stage 1 bases, although the Stage 4 declines were very heavy in most, and so they will still likely have a lot of resistance and so could still be too early. ...
Added to my screener as an extra pair of eyes, or screener, can do no harm.

(2017-01-05, 08:50 PM)isatrader Wrote: I'm going to try and spend some time going through the industry performance lists

Healthcare Providers and Medical Supplies may be worth a look.

Q:

OIIM:

(2017-01-05, 10:39 PM)pcabc Wrote: Healthcare Providers and Medical Supplies may be worth a look.

I had a quick look through the weekly charts of those two sectors, but I'm not seeing many big base Stage 1 stocks on the cusp of breaking out from those sectors. So can't see a theme in either of them personally at the moment.

My requirements are very specific for a sector wide theme. As I want to see the majority of stocks in the sector in Stage 1 with a few early Stage 2A breakouts already underway. So the weakest stocks in the sector will be just entering Stage 1 and still have many months to go, but the majority will have been basing in Stage 1 for most of 2016 and a few will have jumped the gates already. So big bases in 2016 after a sector wide Stage 4 decline in 2014/15.

isatrader