Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 299

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

BOX - Stage 1B, Potential for a Stage 2A breakout attempt

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2016-09-18, 05:52 PM by pcabc.)

A few breakouts in the tech sector.

Just have put in an order for RSYS:

INTC. The peak is lower than the peak of 01/15 (hidden by the text) but not by much. Note the gap up:

CYOU. Likely a little late for this one. Good volume:

(This post was last modified: 2016-09-19, 11:47 AM by selik73.)

Hi,
Can someone please let me know whether GLD and GDX are in stage 2 and simply experiencing normal pullbacks to their 30 EMA on the weekly or whether they have topped and are now entering stage 4?
Thank you.

The GDX chart on the weekly is right on the 30 EMA but the EMA is flat and it looks like GDX is about to take a big cliff dive. Can someone please clarify whether this is just a normal pullback to 30 EMA in a bull run or something to be worried about.

Thank you.

(2016-09-19, 11:41 AM)selik73 Wrote: Hi,
Can someone please let me know whether GLD and GDX are in stage 2 and simply experiencing normal pullbacks to their 30 EMA on the weekly or whether they have topped and are now entering stage 4?
Thank you.

The GDX chart on the weekly is right on the 30 EMA but the EMA is flat and it looks like GDX is about to take a big cliff dive. Can someone please clarify whether this is just a normal pullback to 30 EMA in a bull run or something to be worried about.

Thank you.

Hi selik73,

GLD is still officially in Stage 2, but clearly making a significant pullback towards a still rising 30 week simple MA, although it's weakening, whereas GDX is borderline with a potential Stage change to Stage 3A, but is still Stage 2B- currently imo. So with both I'd personally be looking for a weekly close back above the 10 week SMA to give a sign that the Stage 2 was still in force, but a weekly close or two below the 30 week MA would indicate a potential move to early Stage 3A. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it will resolve to Stage 4, as it could just as easily make a Stage 2 continuation.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Thank you very much for the analysis.

Quote:Hi selik73,

GLD is still officially in Stage 2, but clearly making a significant pullback towards a still rising 30 week simple MA, although it's weakening, whereas GDX is borderline with a potential Stage change to Stage 3A, but is still Stage 2B- currently imo. So with both I'd personally be looking for a weekly close back above the 10 week SMA to give a sign that the Stage 2 was still in force, but a weekly close or two below the 30 week MA would indicate a potential move to early Stage 3A. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it will resolve to Stage 4, as it could just as easily make a Stage 2 continuation.

ON:

(2016-09-19, 06:55 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-09-19, 11:41 AM)selik73 Wrote: Hi,
Thank you.

Thank you.

Hi selik73,

ISAtrader it might help if we have some examples of stage 3 in the 'Learn the Four stages' section of the website. We focus (rightly so) on stage 2 but we do also need to understand stage 3. I have to say I am struggling some what with spotting stage 3 tops.

(2016-09-20, 12:16 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: ISAtrader it might help if we have some examples of stage 3 in the 'Learn the Four stages' section of the website. We focus (rightly so) on stage 2 but we do also need to understand stage 3. I have to say I am struggling some what with spotting stage 3 tops.

There are a huge number of Stage 3 examples already on the site earlier in this thread as I tend to only focus on them when the market gets weaker. So for example go back to March 2014 here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...14&page=63 and you'll find a lots more examples of Stage 3 and 4 during that period.

isatrader