Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 290

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2016-08-04, 01:41 PM)kero Wrote: Actually, ProRealTime also uses dividend adjusted charts (as configurable option), but I disable the option.

That's a point about which I'm thinking since a lot because I'm unsure about my position. I've already considered that dividend adjusted charts give a distorted view of the price actions, specially because support/resistance which are seen on charts doesn't reflect the real moves, hence it distorts the "price memory", which looks essential to me to define relevant levels. Also, I suppose that Weinstein used non adjusted charts in his book, which are a quite modern feature (but maybee he would have, if he could ?)

Another problem I see with adjusted charts is that their precision depends from the available information that the charts editors have. Sometimes, I have seen that a dividend has been detached, but the stock charts doesn't reflect it, probably because lack/forgot of information. Hence, having a simple rule (only using unadjusted charts) makes it simpler. All charts are drawn in the same way.

I'd be interested in your opinion. You consider that adjusted charts work better for Weinstein method ?

I always use adjusted charts as it's the stockcharts default, and have never had any issues with it. But I asked Stan during an email Q&A a few years ago about it here http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...623#pid623, as it had been debated many times by members about what to use and he said to use adjusted data.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

So 2015 IPO's mostly in late Stage 1 and early Stage 2 for the watchlist

RACE (Stage 2A breakout attempt), INST (Stage 2A breakout attempt), NTRA (early Stage 2), MYOK (early Stage 2)

VYGR (Stage 1), INOV (Stage 1), BOJA (Stage 1), BZUN (Stage 1B), LNTH (Stage 1), ONCE (Stage 1B)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2016-08-04, 02:01 PM)isatrader Wrote: I always use adjusted charts as it's the stockcharts default, and have never had any issues with it. But I asked Stan during an email Q&A a few years ago about it here http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...623#pid623, as it had been debated many times by members about what to use and he said to use adjusted data.

Ok, thanks for your answer.

A few opening gap breakouts today to new highs - EXEL, MASI, PE

isatrader

RIGP - Attempting to make a Stage 2A breakout with more than 6x average weekly volume so far this week.

GDDY - Forming it's primary Stage 1 base since it's IPO. Potential for a Stage 2A breakout attempt in the near future, so one to keep an eye on imo.

isatrader

Some stocks from yesterdays relative volume scan for the watchlist - AXY.TO, AOT.V, AXGN, BLL, ELLI, HUBS, LIX.V, MT.V, NAP, PRTY, SOI.V

isatrader

ACXM - Stage 2A breakout attempt on close to the 2x weekly average volume requirement

MTZ - Initial Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt, early in Stage 2 still.

isatrader

A few more for the watchlist at different points in Stage 2 - CTRL (Stage 2A breakout attempt), AMKR (highlighted a few days ago as it was just breaking the Stage 2A level, but the volume has finished the week at over 3x the weekly average, so I thought I'd highlight it again, as it good to follow up on stocks from earlier in the week), OGI.V (Stage 2 continuation attempt), APH.V (Stage 2 at new highs with heavy volume profile for the last three weeks).

isatrader