Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 389

US Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

For the watchlist from Wednesdays scans - ACMR, DAVA, ERIC, GOLF, NEPT, TPNL, XPER

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the watchlist from Thursdays scans - APO, AWK, LFC, QD, SMAR, STC.V

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

Hi,

Thanks isatrader for all the info on the forum!
I'm new to trading and just finished Stan's book and am interested to know your thoughts on XPER as a continuation buy?

Thanks in advance.

L

Some that have broken out in the last day or two.

CNBKA, EFII, INTC, KSU, OMC, QCOM.  Subjectively I seem to have more breakouts today than previously.  However, not all charts are of a form I would think was useful.

(2019-04-19, 07:34 PM)leguy Wrote: I'm new to trading and just finished Stan's book and am interested to know your thoughts on XPER as a continuation buy?

Hi leguy,

I don't want to influence you adversely, as am not qualified to do so. But a few things that I can see are that in the short term it looks to be forming a rising wedge pattern. The continuation breakout was from a small cup and handle pattern on good relative volume on the day, but did not follow through on day after, although the Friday candle was on low volume. On the weekly, it is extended and the continuation volume was below average volume.

Other things to note are how the sector and market indexes are trading, as they have big effect on the price action.

I've attached the weekly, daily and 2 hour charts so you can compare it to other examples on here.

isatrader

(2019-04-20, 10:30 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 07:34 PM)leguy Wrote: I'm new to trading and just finished Stan's book and am interested to know your thoughts on XPER as a continuation buy?

Hi leguy,

I don't want to influence you adversely, as am not qualified to do so. But a few things that I can see are that in the short term it looks to be forming a rising wedge pattern. The continuation breakout was from a small cup and handle pattern on good relative volume on the day, but did not follow through on day after, although the Friday candle was on low volume. On the weekly, it is extended and the continuation volume was below average volume.

Other things to note are how the sector and market indexes are trading, as they have big effect on the price action.

I've attached the weekly, daily and 2 hour charts so you can compare it to other examples on here.

Thanks for your insights, appreciate it!

For the watchlist from Mondays scans - EGY, HEXO, IQ, NFLX, TTD

isatrader

For the watchlist from Tuesdays scans - BABA, BAC, EOLS, GOOS, IOTS, INE.TO, IRBT, IRDM, PS, QTWO, RELX, RVX.TO, SE, SHW, SVRA, TWTR, UPLD, USFD

isatrader