Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 215

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

PAG.L:

Photo 

First time i post a chart in here. Going to do my best to take on board all feedback.  

Would I be better placing this post in beginner questions or because its related to UK its ok in here?

Company: BHP group UK, 
Stage: stage 2 continuation. 
Action: would you place a buy stop above the resistance now or just wait for a close above resistance and place a buy stop then?

Also because it's the UK exchange, I replaced the s&P 500 with the UK 100 index, is that common to do?

appreciate your feedback, 

(2021-07-29, 01:45 PM)collotennis Wrote: First time i post a chart in here. Going to do my best to take on board all feedback.  

Would I be better placing this post in beginner questions or because its related to UK its ok in here?

Company: BHP group UK, 
Stage: stage 2 continuation. 
Action: would you place a buy stop above the resistance now or just wait for a close above resistance and place a buy stop then?

Also because it's the UK exchange, I replaced the s&P 500 with the UK 100 index, is that common to do?

appreciate your feedback, 

Firstly, the order type.  As far as I have found few accounts, unless going for CFD or spreadbet, have buy stop limit orders as per the stage analysis book which limits their availability.

As for the exchange, to me that makes sense.  But you could consider perhaps the FTSE250 as the FTSE100 has a lot of multinationals.  But it is a personal preference.  But always worth considering the relative strength of the US and UK markets.  But if you look at the US you need to consider forex charges, order types and stock availability.

(This post was last modified: 2021-08-01, 01:49 PM by pcabc.)

KNOS.L:
This one has good volume but looks like it is a 2nd or 3rd continuation. Looking at the chart history, though on the 6 month chart it looks like a good continuation breakout I'm wondering from the 2y chart whether this one will just pull back to the MA even if it does appear to breakout for a few days?

GAW.L Games Workshop

GAW.L Games Workshop continuing to tighten up in Stage 1 after basing over the last year.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

SVS.L, SCP.L & EMH.L:

Worth noting that SCP is a FTSE Midcap ETF.

(This post was last modified: 2021-08-27, 12:14 PM by techwormi.)

Trader method watchlist - CMIP.L, NETD.L, ETQ.L, SIV.L, JFJ.L, SCPA.L, COMS.L, BKIR.L, MBT.L
Can you share time frame anaysis too with it,

INDFX

(2021-08-20, 09:48 AM)techwormi Wrote: Trader method watchlist - CMIP.L, NETD.L, ETQ.L, SIV.L, JFJ.L, SCPA.L, COMS.L, BKIR.L, MBT.L
Can you share time frame anaysis too with it,

For some of these stocks I'm not seeing all these symbols in my data nor when I look on a brokers website like Hargraves Lansdown, BKIR.L, MBT, ETQ.L for example.  That can happen with some very small cap stocks.  However, looking at them SCPA.L, for example, has no data after April this year, it was taken over by another company.

JFJ.L is an investment trust.  There is a breakout level there, but at present it is below its 150 day moving average so is not suitable.  Whether it would give a suitable volume signal is debatable.

MBT.L is too thinly traded to be of interest, my rough calculations indicate it is trading around £6500 per day on average, but this fluctutes wildly, so this number is imprecise but what is important is it is too small.  There is no volume on some days.  So if you try to buy or sell a position in this, no matter how small you may influence the market yourself, you may not get the outcome you want.  There will be a wide spread, which is around 12% at present.

Again this one is is below a falling 150 day MA.

How do you screen for these?