Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 203

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

For the UK watchlist from Wednesdays scans - ARW.L, BEG.L, CCR.L, FAN.L, PAY.L, PRV.L

The charts can be found at: UK Stocks Watchlist - 18th December 2019

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the UK watchlist from Thursdays scans - CLG.L, DSCV.L, FDEV.L, HWG.L, HYVE.L, JE.L, LUCE.L, SDI.L

The charts can be found at: UK Stocks Watchlist - 19th December 2019

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the UK watchlist from Mondays scans - CKN.L, ECSC.L, RIV.L, WIN.L, YOLO.L

The charts can be found at: UK Stocks Watchlist - 23rd December 2019

isatrader

Sector Focus: UK Homebuilders

The UK homebuilder stocks have shown some of the best relative performance in the UK market over the last few months, and a number of them have managed to make new Stage 2 continuation breakouts to new highs on increased volume following the election result. So I thought it was worth highlighting the sector for further research as I'm considering investing in the sector in the new year via my SIPP pension account

The tickers are: AIEA.L, BDEV.L, BWY.L, BKG.L, BVS.L, CHH.L, CSP.L, CRL.L, CRST.L, EVE.L, HEAD.L, JLH.L, MCS.L, GLE.L, PSN.L, PMP.L, RDW.L, SPR.L, TW.L, TRAF.L, VCP.L, WGB.L, WJG.L

To see the monthly charts go to the post in the blog section here: https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/11364...mebuilders

isatrader

RE: Sector Focus: UK Homebuilders

(2019-12-26, 03:02 PM)isatrader Wrote: The UK homebuilder stocks have shown some of the best relative performance in the UK market over the last few months, and a number of them have managed to make new Stage 2 continuation breakouts to new highs on increased volume following the election result. So I thought it was worth highlighting the sector for further research as I'm considering investing in the sector in the new year via my SIPP pension account

The tickers are: AIEA.L, BDEV.L, BWY.L, BKG.L, BVS.L, CHH.L, CSP.L, CRL.L, CRST.L, EVE.L, HEAD.L, JLH.L, MCS.L, GLE.L, PSN.L, PMP.L, RDW.L, SPR.L, TW.L, TRAF.L, VCP.L, WGB.L, WJG.L

To see the monthly charts go to the post in the blog section here: https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/11364...mebuilders

I thought I'd plot a breadth chart.  The sector index, NMX3720, seems to include household goods as well as house builders.  The index seems to have a strange mix of house builders and also household goods.  Note the breadth chart is build from a small sample of stocks and, as usual, I make no claims for its accuracy.

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

House builds and household goods ranked by the slope of their MAs

(This post was last modified: 2019-12-29, 02:09 PM by pcabc.)

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

UK Sector Strengths

UK sector indices listing the slope of their 50 and 150 simple moving averages.  These have been ranked by the sum of the slopes.  You might prefer a different ranking.

Re: Sector Focus: UK Homebuilders

I've done some further digging into the UK homebuilder stocks and as pcabc said in his post, a number of the stocks in the sector are household goods, like flooring, interiors etc. So I've refined the sector to just the homebuilders, which gives the following list:

BDEV.L, BKG.L, BVS.L, BWY.L, CRST.L, CSP.L, GLE.L, MCS.L, PSN.L, RDW.L, SPR.L, TRAF.L, TW..L, WJG.L

So I've loaded them into prorealtime so that I can get a weekly Mansfield Relative Strength reading, and have ordered them by their relative strength below, which gives Countryside Properties the clear lead in relative performance, followed by Bovis, Redrow, Bellway and Barratt.

And it's good to see that 11 of the 14 stocks in the sector are above the Mansfield zero line, and so the sector is clearly outperforming the S&P 500 currently.

isatrader