Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 219

RE: Market Breadth Extra

JimStudent Wrote: The top chart is a downward trend of stocks over their 200 day MA and the bottom chart is the upward price trend of the SPX with the recent breakdown. Market participation is weakening foreshadowing a down turn unless trend is reversed.

Interesting. The peak in the % above the 200 day MA peaked in May/June 2013 when looking over a 5 year time frame. You could argume that there has been a weakening therefore since then. However, mid 2015 is when it has started to drop more rapidly and had the volatile dip.

I concur, Jim. Markets are whipsawing like crazy around the 150 day and 200 day ma.s, but I'm back to short due to MACD sell signal intact for INDU SPX. Looks like averages will be tested again today. If black MACD line rises above red or markets go to new highs, I'll reverse.

(2015-12-08, 01:43 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: I concur, Jim. Markets are whipsawing like crazy around the 150 day and 200 day ma.s, but I'm back to short due to MACD sell signal intact for INDU SPX. Looks like averages will be tested again today. If black MACD line rises above red or markets go to new highs, I'll reverse.

Are you making much progress? The only thing I can do reliably at the moment is loose money. The only solid successes I have at the moment are some property funds (not REITs) that own property themselves, rather than shares in property investments. These are rather dull (a good thing) with no real volatility and modest gains. Once the market gains direction hopefully the remaining shares, REITs and ETFs (short ETFs) will pan out, I'd like to think gains will exceed losses. However, at the moment it seems all my SIPP monthly deposit does is to hold me static against losses.

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, Mid Caps and Small Caps

Attached is the updated Monthly US equity index charts for a bit of long term perspective

US Stock Indexes

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

NYSE Advance Decline Charts

Some of the US advance decline charts.

Note: the Momentum Index (MI) is at a new low for this cycle and back below thge zero line.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

NYSE New Highs New Lows Charts

New highs - New Lows charts.

Note: new 52 week lows and large divergence with price action in the markets over the last few months.

isatrader

NYSE Bullish Percent Index - Bull Correction Status

NYSE Bullish Percent Index has move back to a column of Os today, and so moves to Bull Correction Status

isatrader

NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 50 Day Moving Averages status change

NYSE Percentage of stocks above their 50 day MA double bottom breakdown - change to bear confirmed status

isatrader