Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 28

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Discussion Thread

isatrader, thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated. thats fine, I wasn't asking for advice on my position, I was asking for some information surrounding material which would help me ultimately make my own decision. I'll chart up the 50 MA on the relevant chart/sectors later when I am back home.

If I would like to get a list of all the US based sectors, should I search the stockcharts website using 'DJUS'? - http://stockcharts.com/symsearch/index.h...ol&start=0

as on the T2W website you state to search using just the '$' symbol which looks to return all sorts of things such as Advance Decline charts across a variety of spectrums etc.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technica...ost1716030

If I don't find a online copy of 'The Heretics of finance' book i'll likely purchase it and will upload a PDF of it here and link it here for others.

Thanls

(2013-06-02, 12:03 PM)Tryst Wrote: If I would like to get a list of all the US based sectors, should I search the stockcharts website using 'DJUS'? - http://stockcharts.com/symsearch/index.h...ol&start=0

Here is the link to all the US Sub-sectors on Stockcharts: http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/sectorsummary.html

It organises them within their major sectors that I show each week, and then you can drill down into each one to find the Sub-sectors and then the individual stocks within each one.

(2013-06-02, 12:03 PM)Tryst Wrote: If I don't find a online copy of 'The Heretics of finance' book i'll likely purchase it and will upload a PDF of it here and link it here for others.

With regards The Heretics of Finance book interview. Don't post it on here, as as I own this site, I need to be careful about copyright etc, as I don't want to get sued for loss of earnings. So if you do scan the interview, maybe put it on the old t2w thread instead, or do an overview of it in your own words with specific quotes taken from the interview.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US Industry Sectors

Attached are the updated US Industry Sector Charts and relative performance table.

Notable mover is the Consumer Staples (XLP), which dropped through it's zero line.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1479]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Below is the updated FTSE 350 Sectors Relative Performance table. I've moved it into a spreadsheet, so will try to track it once a week, so I that we can see the changes occurring. For now you can refer back to post #82 to see the last Relative Performance table I did a not the changes manually.

P.S. For anyone that wants to trade the UK FTSE 350 sectors directly. I believe IG Index has over 30 of them available to trade, with only a few of the smaller ones missing from the list.

Attached is the updated sector charts in order of Relative Performance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Thanks for the info on the US sectors, isatrader. About linking the PDF, no problem, fully understandable.

RE: Market Breadth Update

A number of changes in the various breadth indicators today (6/6/13), but I will save the majority for the weekend and just highlight a few tonight. Firstly the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 Bullish Percent Indexes saw changes today with the S&P 500 Bullish Percent ($BPSPX) reversing to a column of Os and changing to Bull Correction status. Whereas the Nasdaq 100 Bullish Percent ($BPNDX) made a triple bottom breakdown and is now on Bear Confirmed status.

The moving average breadth charts also saw a lot of downward movement and it was enough to cause the longer term NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 200 day Moving Averages chart to make a double bottom breakdown below it's April column of Os and move to Bear Confirmed. So now the long term and short term moving average breadth charts are on Bear Confirmed status and the medium term NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 150 day Moving Averages chart is on the cusp of joining them, and it's line chart did make a lower low today, but it just wasn't enough to add another O to the chart and so needs to close another 0.07 lower to go to Bear Confirmed also.

isatrader

My sector market breadth charts were today featured on Zacks.com on the "Cook's Kitchen" weekly video. Here's the link: http://www.zacks.com/commentary/27611/Op...Correction and below is a screen shot. It is talked about from 4 mins 10 seconds into the video. Chuffed Cool

isatrader

(2013-06-06, 01:02 AM)isatrader Wrote: My sector market breadth charts were today featured on Zacks.com on the "Cook's Kitchen" weekly video. Here's the link: http://www.zacks.com/commentary/27611/Op...Correction and below is a screen shot. It is talked about from 4 mins 10 seconds into the video. Chuffed Cool

Woo hoo, Zacks is a pretty big deal in the states as far as I'm aware so congratulations and well done. I've always wanted to kow some one famous Smile

What's the story behind the chart and how did Zacks get to know of it?