Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 76

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(2013-12-07, 11:49 AM)Lplate Wrote: Another great Weinstein interview with Jim Puplava, probably Thurs 5 Dec 13
14 minutes into the programme and lasts about 15 mins.
http://www.financialsense.com/financial-...nth-inning
Overall Bullish but need to be selective versus looking just at Stock index level, as 2/3 of stocks are bullish but 1/3 are in their own bear markets. Within a few months others are expected to join them as bearish, but no general bear call yet.
Rapid sector rotation.
Bearish on Bonds and gold (1180 versus 1380
He predicted recent pullback

I was wondering when he was going to do the next one, as I've been checking each week. So will give that a listen. Thanks.

For any members that want to hear all six of his interviews from the last few years then go to: http://www.financialsense.com/contributo...-weinstein as it will really help you to understand the method.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

. . . as 2/3 of stocks are bullish but 1/3 are in their own bear markets. Within a few months others are expected to join them as bearish[/quote] The problem is that the more you anticipate this, the quicker it comes, and then before you know it . . .
It suggests scaling back and leaving only a very little bit in the market, and not so much that you could get badly caught.

(2013-12-07, 12:14 PM)Lplate Wrote:
Quote:. . . as 2/3 of stocks are bullish but 1/3 are in their own bear markets. Within a few months others are expected to join them as bearish

The problem is that the more you anticipate this, the quicker it comes, and then before you know it . . .
It suggests scaling back and leaving only a very little bit in the market, and not so much that you could get badly caught.

I think what I took out of it was that you need to really focus on the quality of the stock selections at the moment, and do trimming in your portfolio of any laggards. But that his proprietary Stages Surveys were showing the same as the Moving Average Breadth charts that I show on here, that two thirds of stocks are currently bullish still, but that that has been weakening a bit over the last few months, and hence we need to be more alert.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5515]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Before I do the weekend updates, I thought as we are approaching the end of year that it would be nice to encourage some discussion again in the group, as I'm going through a large amount of charts each day and trying to post the best candidates I find in the various watchlist threads and the daily breakouts threads for you all, but it's making it hard for me to have time to see the forest from the trees.

So, I'd like to know what areas of the market other members are looking at currently? As we did a great job earlier in the year of identifying the early moves in the Shipping sector and the Solar sector etc, but as we get later into the market's Stage 2 run, what sectors are catching your interest now, both in terms of sectors with early Stage 2 potential or sectors beginning to show signs of a potential Stage 4 breakdown? Or continuation moves in either direction due to sector rotation etc. Basically, any sectors that are catching your attention and why? As as Stan just said in his interview, around a third of stocks are in bear territory, and there's a lot of sector rotation occurring, so I want to find the next big themes to focus in on, which could be in either direction at this stage of the market.

isatrader

Major Stock Indexes Update

Attached is the updated major equity index charts and relative performance table.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

US Stock Indexes

European Stock Indexes

isatrader

Commodities Update and the Dollar Index

Attached is the updated major commodities charts, Gold (GC), Copper (HG), West Texas Intermediate Crude (CL) and the Dollar Index (DX).

isatrader

US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries

Attached is the updated US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries charts.

isatrader

US Industry Sectors

Attached are the updated US Major Sector Charts and relative performance table.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5531]

isatrader