Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 71

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

Has anyone read the book "How To Make The Stock Market Make Money For You" by Ted Warren (1993)? I thought it might make a nice companion to Stan's book but it's a little pricey ($95) so wanted to see if anyone else had read it and had any feedback on it before buying.

http://www.amazon.com/Make-Stock-Market-...r-mr-title

Thanks,

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

(2013-11-13, 06:00 PM)theory6453 Wrote: Has anyone read the book "How To Make The Stock Market Make Money For You" by Ted Warren (1993)? I thought it might make a nice companion to Stan's book but it's a little pricey ($95) so wanted to see if anyone else had read it and had any feedback on it before buying.

Thanks,

I looked at it recently and had the same thoughts but did n't buy it. I've just obtained Trade Like a Stock Market Wizard by Mark Minervini as per isa's reco and also Insider Buy Superstocks by Jesse C Stein. I am only half way through the latter and have not touched the former yet. Stine's is not as well written as Minervini's - going of the preview at Amazon - but the content is good so far and worth buying in my opinion. Check out his site where you can down load the first 19 pages and some of his past analysis in PDF format and sign up to what he calls his friends and family alerts. He's also on stocktwits

(2013-11-14, 06:00 AM)goodtyneguy Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 06:00 PM)theory6453 Wrote: Has anyone read the book "How To Make The Stock Market Make Money For You" by Ted Warren (1993)? I thought it might make a nice companion to Stan's book but it's a little pricey ($95) so wanted to see if anyone else had read it and had any feedback on it before buying.

Thanks,

I looked at it recently and had the same thoughts but did n't buy it. I've just obtained Trade Like a Stock Market Wizard by Mark Minervini as per isa's reco and also Insider Buy Superstocks by Jesse C Stein. I am only half way through the latter and have not touched the former yet. Stine's is not as well written as Minervini's - going of the preview at Amazon - but the content is good so far and worth buying in my opinion. Check out his site where you can down load the first 19 pages and some of his past analysis in PDF format and sign up to what he calls his friends and family alerts. He's also on stocktwits

gtg - Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I had my eye on both of those books too and Stine's book looked good so maybe I will start with that since it's at a better price point and you seem to like it. I will probably read Minervini too at some point soon.

This guy "SYSTEM HUNTER" on amazon has put together a pretty good stock market reading list. Stan was #1, Warren #2 (why I was looking at this book), Minervini #5, and Stine #6, etc.. Some of the books are a little expensive b/c they are older or are not mass-market. Others (Minervini, Stine, Weinstein) are more reasonable. Not sure what his background is but you all can check it out...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-revi...centReview

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

(2013-11-14, 02:40 PM)theory6453 Wrote: gtg - Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I had my eye on both of those books too and Stine's book looked good so maybe I will start with that since it's at a better price point and you seem to like it. I will probably read Minervini too at some point soon.

This guy "SYSTEM HUNTER" on amazon has put together a pretty good stock market reading list. Stan was #1, Warren #2 (why I was looking at this book), Minervini #5, and Stine #6, etc.. Some of the books are a little expensive b/c they are older or are not mass-market. Others (Minervini, Stine, Weinstein) are more reasonable. Not sure what his background is but you all can check it out...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-revi...centReview

Yeah, System Hunter seems to be well enough informed to take notice of his recos. I've spent hours on Amazon reading reviews after being pointed to books from reading trading forums and trading blogs of successful people or at least who I think know what they are talking about. I've built quite a big wish list of what I consider to be the most worthwhile ones. Some I "wish listed" before I decided on using stage analysis as my primary trading method so I may not read many of them now. System Hunter also brought my attention to Stine's book. Minervini's was on my wish list and was brought to the top when isatrader mentioned it was complimentary to SA.

I've got some options books in there. When I become more proficient at this I think a good investor strategy would be to sell puts on stocks entering stage 1 bases hoping to either accumulate stocks on the cheap or generate some income.

S&P 500 / Index and Equity Options Ratio

Attached is the S&P 500 / Index and Equity Options Ratios

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

S&P 500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns

Attached is the exclusive S&P 500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts.

There was 46 breakouts and 3 breakdowns this week in the S&P 500, which continued the move to new highs in the S&P 500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns chart.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Advance Decline Breadth Charts

Attached is the updated Advance Decline Breadth Charts, including the cumulative AD line, momentum index, cumulative AD volume line, 10 Day AD oscillator and the McClellan Oscillator and Summation Index.

isatrader

New Highs New Lows

Attached is the New Highs / New Lows charts.

isatrader