Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 350

Effective Volume Update - $SPY, $QQQ, $IWM

Attached is the Effective Volume update from http://www.effectivevolume.com/content.p...etf-review which separates the large player volume from the small player volume.

Note: there was some big moves in the large player volume this week which have swung the cumulative lines back well below their 20 day moving averages in all three.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

NYSE and Nasdaq Advance Decline Charts and US New Highs New Lows

Attached is the updated NYSE and Nasdaq Advance Decline Breadth Charts, including the cumulative AD line, momentum index, cumulative AD volume line, 10 Day AD oscillator and the McClellan Oscillator and Summation Index.

Attached is the updated US New Highs - New Lows Charts

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns custom Breadth charts

Attached is my updated custom breadth charts that I do based on the daily point and figure double top breakouts and double bottom breakdowns.

Totals for the week:

+289 double top breakouts
-572 double bottom breakdowns

-283 net breakouts - breakdowns

Note: the breakout above the May highs has failed and we are back below the P&F cumulative 20 day MA also, and so by this breadth measure we are on a risk off signal now.

isatrader

US Sectors - Percent of Stocks Above their 150 Day Moving Average

Below is the Percent of Stocks Above their 150 Day Moving Average table in each sector, which is ordered by overall health. Also attached is the visual diagram of the 9 sectors and the two major exchanges that make up the sectors that shows a snapshot of the overall health of the US market.

Note: the overall sector average is at 51.53% currently (Stage 1 or Stage 3 range) and declined -9.07% since last week, with having the largest decline. This weeks move in the Percentage of Stocks Above their 150 Day Moving Average was the biggest weekly decline I can remember for a while.

isatrader

Effective Volume Update - $SPY, $QQQ, $IWM

Small players are buying the dip in the Effective Volume data from the key US market ETFs. However, the large institutional players are not, and so without the large players money, any rally from the this weeks low is likely to fail imo.

Charts from http://www.effectivevolume.com/content.p...etf-review

isatrader

RE: Effective Volume Update - $SPY, $QQQ, $IWM

(2019-08-07, 11:06 PM)isatrader Wrote: Small players are buying the dip in the Effective Volume data from the key US market ETFs. However, the large institutional players are not, and so without the large players money, any rally from the this weeks low is likely to fail imo.

Charts from http://www.effectivevolume.com/content.p...etf-review

Interesting.

What I noticed last week, just before the sell off, was a lot of stocks with massive spikes up.  Then the pullback.  Some of the things I sold barely registered in the pullback yet MSFT and AMD did bigtime.  Which was a shame as 50% of my ISA was in those two.

Then we have this graph.  Massive gap up to shy of the recent high, on large volume.  This just seems odd, the whole thing with the slew of breakouts before the sell off just is not something I've not seen before.  But perhaps I've not been around long enough.

RE: Stan Weinstein Stage Analysis and Market Breadth

Breadth

US:

UK:

Oil, Gold and Silver:

RE: Stan Weinstein Stage Analysis and Market Breadth

US Sector breadth: