Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 274

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(2018-03-24, 09:50 AM)isatrader Wrote: Attached is the US New Highs / New Lows charts.

I'm curious about the Nasdaq. Still managed to make a new high 2 weeks ago and the new-high / new-low seems somewhat positive. It's the only index still above it's 30week MA.

(2018-03-25, 01:46 AM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: I'm curious about the Nasdaq. Still managed to make a new high 2 weeks ago and the new-high / new-low seems somewhat positive. It's the only index still above it's 30week MA.

For me, the failed continuation breakout in the Nasdaq was one of the key signals that we were now in Stage 3, and not just a standard correction. As it has been the strongest index for years. So was significant for me that it's breakout failed.

The divergence in the new highs - new lows is one of the few positives currently in the breadth. However, another way of looking at it is that the February breakdowns were so sharp, that it defined the Stage 4A breakdown levels for most stocks. So with some of the key indexes like the S&P 500 approaching the February lows again, we could see a pick up in the new lows again - which would mean Stage 4A breakdown attempts if it does. So we are at a critical point imo, and will be interesting to see which way it goes.

Here's some candleglance charts of the major US Indexes, International Indexes and the Dow stocks. As I think it helps to look at a snapshot like this, as gives a broad view.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Major commodites charts - Gold, Copper and Crude Oil

Attached is the major commodites charts - Gold, Copper and Crude Oil

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi,

If I can add, revisiting Stan's stage analysis framework, and going through many charts, volume is a critical health indicator of a healthy breakout and a healthy pullback.

Stan looks for contracting volume on pullbacks.

If I am in a trade and it pulls back on contracting volume, my confidence level is high.

If it pulls back on huge volume, it is time to take a very close look for an exit signal.

The qqq chart attached show increased volume on last couple pullbacks.. with much lighter volume on retrace to previous highs. That is a warning sign.

Regards,
Patrick

(2018-03-25, 12:19 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2018-03-25, 01:46 AM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: I'm curious about the Nasdaq. Still managed to make a new high 2 weeks ago and the new-high / new-low seems somewhat positive. It's the only index still above it's 30week MA.

For me, the failed continuation breakout in the Nasdaq was one of the key signals that we were now in Stage 3, and not just a standard correction. As it has been the strongest index for years. So was significant for me that it's breakout failed.

The divergence in the new highs - new lows is one of the few positives currently in the breadth. However, another way of looking at it is that the February breakdowns were so sharp, that it defined the Stage 4A breakdown levels for most stocks. So with some of the key indexes like the S&P 500 approaching the February lows again, we could see a pick up in the new lows again - which would mean Stage 4A breadown attempts if it does. So we are at a critical point imo, and will be interesting to see which way it goes.

Here's some candleglance charts of the major US Indexes, International Indexes and the Dow stocks. As I think it helps to look at a snapshot like this, as gives a broad view.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 2018-03-25, 03:20 PM by grbaNT.)

Attached are the charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.rs/sear...readth?m=1

To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.rs/2018...urvey.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nasdaq managed to stay above the 30-week MA. For now that is. Dow Jones above 30-week by a little. SPY dipped before going above 30-week MA. Where will we go from here?

(2018-03-26, 09:18 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Nasdaq managed to stay above the 30-week MA. For now that is. Dow Jones above 30-week by a little. SPY dipped before going above 30-week MA. Where will we go from here?

Good question, my remaining (almost) US stocks all bounced today. However, I've just noticed that MRVL had hit the stop loss on Friday before the bounce. However, the FTSE may even be candidates for a short ETF - given that the MA has rolled over. Whether you'd listen to me given my current track record is a different matter!

(This post was last modified: 2018-03-27, 10:47 PM by diaz.)

(2018-03-25, 12:47 PM)isatrader Wrote: Attached is the major commodites charts - Gold, Copper and Crude Oil

ISA, thanks for these. I notice the charts for these commodities seem pretty strong (as in not as bearish as the overall market seems to be)