Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 244

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500

Here's the quick overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Attached is the updated overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2016-06-25, 10:50 AM by pcabc.)

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

Some breadth charts. Interesting times, however, the scales are the same as usual so Friday's events will only show up as the tiniest bar.

US:

UK:
Note FTSE250 is represented by MIDD.L, an ETF, not sure if the FTSE250 high and low positions were similar.

Precious metals:
Some noise on the ETFs.

A look at some of the charts over a shorter time frame.

US:

UK:
Warning, FTSE250 is represented by an ETF, not sure what the tracking error is.

Look at these and others the closes seem to all be above support. FTSE100 closed above the 150 day SMA, albeit a virtually flat one. However, lows were in many cases a lot lower. No we see whether the markets drop through support.

I'm still away on holiday, so just a quick update this week. Looks like the volatility from the UK referendum has put the major US indexes inline with their most recent swing lows again, within their Stage 1 ranges, and the breadth has weakened with a number of bear confirmed signals in the percentage of stocks above their MA's in various timescales. So MA breadth moves to bearish in the short term. The medium and long term breadth is still in the upper half of the range however, but they weakened heavily last week.

Attached is the updated overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

isatrader

(2016-06-26, 06:38 PM)isatrader Wrote: I'm still away on holiday, so just a quick update this week...

Hope you are having a good time.

(2016-06-26, 11:41 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2016-06-26, 06:38 PM)isatrader Wrote: I'm still away on holiday, so just a quick update this week...

It was going great until I just watched the England game. Embarrising display. Back home tomorrow, and will see what's been happening in the markets and start planning my new portfolio.

isatrader

(2016-06-27, 10:37 PM)isatrader Wrote:

It was going great until I just watched the England game. Embarrising display. Back home tomorrow, and will see what's been happening in the markets and start planning my new portfolio.

Surprisingly the footsie doesn't drop so much. Markets are beting UK versus EU....

barra

(2016-06-28, 06:35 PM)barra Wrote:
(2016-06-27, 10:37 PM)isatrader Wrote:

Surprisingly the footsie doesn't drop so much. Markets are beting UK versus EU....

barra

I've seen a reasonable point made, look at the FTSE250 rather than the FTSE100 which is stuffed full of miners. I also wonder whether the drop in the pound has cushioned the UK indicies to some extent.