Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 98

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

In Stan W 1988 book in Chapter 8, Stan discusses the Price/Dividend Ratio of the DJIA. Is there an easy way to plot this ratio in stockcharts.com or another online program? Thx

(2014-02-11, 12:35 AM)zehjmz Wrote: In Stan W 1988 book in Chapter 8, Stan discusses the Price/Dividend Ratio of the DJIA. Is there an easy way to plot this ratio in stockcharts.com or another online program? Thx

It's not an area from the book that I've done any research on myself and don't think it's available on stockcharts. However, I've just searched online for it and the most recent version I can find is here: http://www.comstockfunds.com/files/NLPP00000%5C028p.pdf which is from 1900 to May 2013.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-11, 04:41 AM by isatrader.)

(2014-02-11, 01:12 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 12:35 AM)zehjmz Wrote: In Stan W 1988 book in Chapter 8, Stan discusses the Price/Dividend Ratio of the DJIA. Is there an easy way to plot this ratio in stockcharts.com or another online program? Thx

It's not an area from the book that I've done any research on myself and don't think it's available on stockcharts. However, I've just searched online for it and the most recent version I can find is here: http://www.comstockfunds.com/files/NLPP00000%5C028p.pdf which is from 1900 to May 2013.

If you do the math, In Stan's book the equation actually looks like 1/(dow yield). In stockcharts.. I think it is 1/!ylddow. I am not sure how to divide 1 by the !ylddow symbol in stockcharts. But if I plot !ylddow and divide it manually. It seems to match the chart you sent me.

Note: !ylddow is a % so you do have to divide it by 100 first.

Did some research....If you do the math, In Stan's book the equation actually looks like 1/(dow yield). In stockcharts.. I think it is 1/!ylddow. I am not sure how to divide 1 by the !ylddow symbol in stockcharts. But if I plot !ylddow and divide it manually. It seems to match the chart you sent me.

(2014-02-14, 12:31 AM)zehjmz Wrote: Did some research....If you do the math, In Stan's book the equation actually looks like 1/(dow yield). In stockcharts.. I think it is 1/!ylddow. I am not sure how to divide 1 by the !ylddow symbol in stockcharts. But if I plot !ylddow and divide it manually. It seems to match the chart you sent me.

To divide it by one in stockcharts use the following symbol:

$ONE:!YLDDOW

I hope that helps

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

S&P 500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns

Attached is the exclusive S&P 500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts.

There was 18 breakouts and 2 breakdowns this week in the S&P 500, which takes the total for February to 104 breakouts and 62 breakdowns so far.

isatrader

Advance Decline Breadth Charts

Attached is the updated Advance Decline Breadth Charts, including the cumulative AD line, momentum index, cumulative AD volume line, 10 Day AD oscillator and the McClellan Oscillator and Summation Index.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

New Highs New Lows

Attached is the New Highs / New Lows charts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader