Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 100

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(2014-02-11, 02:43 AM)zehjmz Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 01:12 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 12:35 AM)zehjmz Wrote: In Stan W 1988 book in Chapter 8, Stan discusses the Price/Dividend Ratio of the DJIA. Is there an easy way to plot this ratio in stockcharts.com or another online program? Thx

It's not an area from the book that I've done any research on myself and don't think it's available on stockcharts. However, I've just searched online for it and the most recent version I can find is here: http://www.comstockfunds.com/files/NLPP00000%5C028p.pdf which is from 1900 to May 2013.

If you do the math, In Stan's book the equation actually looks like 1/(dow yield). In stockcharts.. I think it is 1/!ylddow. I am not sure how to divide 1 by the !ylddow symbol in stockcharts. But if I plot !ylddow and divide it manually. It seems to match the chart you sent me.

Note: !ylddow is a % so you do have to divide it by 100 first.

All historical dividend / PE data can be found here so if someone can load this into a chart to generate the price/Dividend Ratio of the DJIA maybe we could also start looking at this chart on a monthly basis.

NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 200 day Moving Averages - status change

The longer term NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 200 Day Moving Averages chart gave a double top buy signal today and so moves back to Bull Confirmed status. Attached is the charts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Advance Decline Breadth Charts

The short term 10 Day MA Advance Decline Oscillator has hit it's highest level in the last two years, and so is short term overbought, but the cumulative Advance Decline line continues to hits new highs, and the detrended cumulative Advance Decline line has broken above it's six month range showing that momentum has increased recently as it's breaking away from it's 200 Day MA. Attached is the charts.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Major Stock Indexes Update

Attached is the updated major equity index charts and relative performance table.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7701]

US Stock Indexes

European Stock Indexes

isatrader

Commodities Update and the Dollar Index

Attached is the updated major commodities charts, Gold (GC), Copper (HG), West Texas Intermediate Crude (CL) and the Dollar Index (DX).

isatrader

US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries

Attached is the updated US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries charts.

isatrader

Dow Jones US Sub Sectors Performance

Attached is the US Sub Sectors ordered by the weekly percentage change. To see the full list sectioned by major sector, with links through to individual stocks in each sector, go to: http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/indust...ECTOR_SPDR

isatrader