Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 380

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

(2020-04-05, 10:21 AM)pcabc Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 09:50 AM)grbaNT Wrote: Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...e%20Survey

Thanks for this, as always, appreciated.

Can you clarify a little?
Volatility dropped somewhat last week and if that continues in the coming weeks, maybe we will see individual stocks creating patterns and, generally, we can begin to trade on technicals after a lengthy period where market environment was good only for day trades.

Regarding 'only good for day trades', do you mean the lengthy period up and including February or the March decline? 

Anyway, of volatility becomes more sensible we will better know where we are.

I'm sorry for the lack of clarity. Volatility skyrocketed in March. So, I meant March. Day traders love volatility. Volatility is offering much more trading opportunity for their style of trading. You are right! "After a lengthy period" is creating confusion.

(2020-04-06, 06:16 AM)grbaNT Wrote: I'm sorry for the lack of clarity. Volatility skyrocketed in March. So, I meant March. Day traders love volatility. Volatility is offering much more trading opportunity for their style of trading. You are right! "After a lengthy period" is creating confusion.

Don't worry, it was only a matter of context!

Strengthening breadth

Usual caveats apply, my calculations, so there may be errors.

I calculate breadth based on stocks held in my database and I do this for various sectors and indices.  I then produce a table as an overview which gives me a summary score of breadth based on how various breadth parameters are behaving.  For example, whether the advance / decline line is above its moving averages.  I do this on a number of time periods.  For the last few weeks the overall score has been pretty dire.  However, over the last two days things have become more positive.  Of course with the rally of the past week that can be expected and that does mean we might be in a bull trap.  I thought I'd share.

Breadth overall scores from yesterday's data:

Breadth overall scores a week previous:

The NASDAQ100 was one of the earlier movers.  'Buy' is just an indication to myself.  A guide not a command.  So that does not mean 'buy' to you, it is just an indication that breadth seems stronger.  My scorings are based on very short, short, medium and long term indications against the various breadth curves and the overal score is a consensus score I came up with.  These are based on breadth improving to some extent more than abosolute values.  'Buy' means than in general breadth is improving in all time frames.  The detail is rather complex and a little ad-hoc.  But the main takeaway is that breadth this week has improved.

The NASDAQ100 was the earliest mover.

Gold & silver miners

I thought I'd plot breadth charts for gold and silver miners.  I have noticed a difference in the percentage of stocks above their 50 and 200 day EMAs.  Gold miners have moved above the 30% level whereas silver miners are still near zero.  There are differences in advancing / declining volume lines, but I'm not sure if that is real or an artifact of the data.

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...bel/RABWDB

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...e%20Survey

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Breadth

US:

UK:

Europe:

Gold, Silver, oil & gas:

US sector breadth