Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 378

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Market breadth

US:

UK:

Europe:

Oil & Gas producers, Gold & Silver:

I based the gold chart on the ETF GLD rather than the gold price as the ETF has volume, that may be informative.

Attached are the updated charts of the RABWDB Indicator, Individual Phases, SP500 RABWDB, SP400 RABWDB and SP600 RABWDB.

To learn more about the indicator go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...bel/RABWDB

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached are the updated charts of the US Stock Market Survey Indicator, Individual Stages, SP500 Survey, SP400 Survey and SP600 Survey.

If you want to read my commentary, please go to https://dg-swingtrading.blogspot.com/sea...e%20Survey

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Stock Market Has Put in a Bottom. What Do the Market Breadth Charts Suggest Next?

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A major part of the Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis method is finding stocks that are showing the best relative strength versus the market.

This is especially important to start thinking about when the market indexes are in Stage 4 like they are currently, as the stocks showing the best relative strength during a market Stage 4 will often become the new leaders when the market eventually finds it's bottom. As while the indexes bounce around their lows, these new leaders will be breaking out into Stage 2 and to new highs.

The indexes lag individual stocks, as they are just an average of the stocks within them. And so contrary to what you might believe about the method. In order to get into those new leaders. We'll need to start dipping our toes into some A+ looking Stage 2A breakouts when the market are still in late Stage 4 or starting to show signs of a Stage 1 base forming.

This is particularly difficult to get right, but we should start to get some clues from the various market breadth indicators when the time is right. Which may be soon, or it may be a long while away yet.

But in the mean time I wanted to start a discussion to get people thinking and looking where the relative strength is occurring and also sector themes that we think might emerge from this crisis as the big winners and become the new leaders. For example technology stocks that enable people to work remotely have been getting traction so far. Also, supermarkets shelves are forever empty; online media providers are likely getting many more signups etc.

So where are the strongest themes going to be once this crisis is over? Or if you like shorting during a Stage 4 bear market, then what sectors are going to suffer the most in a prolonged Stage 4?

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2020-04-01, 06:39 PM)isatrader Wrote: But in the mean time I wanted to start a discussion to get people thinking and looking where the relative strength is occurring and also sector themes that we think might emerge from this crisis as the big winners and become the new leaders. For example technology stocks that enable people to work remotely have been getting traction so far. Also, supermarkets shelves are forever empty; online media providers are likely getting many more signups etc.

US and UK sector ranking by slope of the 50 and 150 day MAs.  Note, a couple of data issues with the UK so two entries struck out:

(2020-04-01, 06:39 PM)isatrader Wrote: A major part of the Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis method is finding stocks that are showing the best relative strength versus the market.

This is especially important to start thinking about when the market indexes are in Stage 4 like they are currently, as the stocks showing the best relative strength during a market Stage 4 will often become the new leaders when the market eventually finds it's bottom. As while the indexes bounce around their lows, these new leaders will be breaking out into Stage 2 and to new highs.

The indexes lag individual stocks, as they are just an average of the stocks within them. And so contrary to what you might believe about the method. In order to get into those new leaders. We'll need to start dipping our toes into some A+ looking Stage 2A breakouts when the market are still in late Stage 4 or starting to show signs of a Stage 1 base forming.

This is particularly difficult to get right, but we should start to get some clues from the various market breadth indicators when the time is right. Which may be soon, or it may be a long while away yet.

But in the mean time I wanted to start a discussion to get people thinking and looking where the relative strength is occurring and also sector themes that we think might emerge from this crisis as the big winners and become the new leaders. For example technology stocks that enable people to work remotely have been getting traction so far. Also, supermarkets shelves are forever empty; online media providers are likely getting many more signups etc.

So where are the strongest themes going to be once this crisis is over? Or if you like shorting during a Stage 4 bear market, then what sectors are going to suffer the most in a prolonged Stage 4?

So following on from this post. Here's a few stocks that benefit from people working from home, and generally being at home that have been showing excellent relative strength during the crisis - AMZN, DOCU, MSFT, NFLX, TEAM, WORK, ZM - which is one potential theme that could continue to do well after the crisis. As a lot more people could be working from home regularly going forward with all the new systems and processes that have been put in by companies to enable it recently.

So am adding these to my recovery watchlist to keep an eye on. The theme with these is work from home. So what other themes could emerge?

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2020-04-02, 08:12 PM by pcabc.)

(2020-04-02, 09:41 AM)isatrader Wrote: So am adding these to my recovery watchlist to keep an eye on. The theme with these is work from home. So what other themes could emerge?

Challenge accepted.  The top stocks from my, approximate, Russell 3000 list with some of the obviously errouse ones, or ones with unexplained jumps removed.

I think I ought to run my screener on the Russel 1000 constituents and also try and filter out the Healthcare / pharma stocks as there are a lot in there.  Although there are some nice looking charts when you look at the scales I suspect the stop losses are far far form where we'd want to be.