Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 223

RE: Market Breadth Extra

Market breadth charts.

US:

UK:

Sadly the data is usually a few days old.

2nd leg down of bear in progress.

S&P 1500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts

It's been six months since I've updated the S&P 1500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts, and it has taken 3 hours to manually update the data for each day. So I'm going to try and keep up to date again, as it's much easier if I just run the scan each night and note it in the excel file.

Anyway, attached is the up to date S&P 1500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts, which clearly shows the bearish trend currently with over 26% of the S&P 1500 having P&F breakdowns since the start of the new year.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2016-01-08, 12:04 AM)isatrader Wrote: It's been six months since I've updated the S&P 1500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts, and it has taken 3 hours to manually update the data for each day. So I'm going to try and keep up to date again, as it's much easier if I just run the scan each night and note it in the excel file.

Thanks.

You are doing this manually in Excel? I'm surprised if you've not torn your hair out. I wonder if there is a way to automate it? What is your data source?

(2016-01-08, 12:25 AM)pcabc Wrote: You are doing this manually in Excel? I'm surprised if you've not torn your hair out. I wonder if there is a way to automate it? What is your data source?

Yep, I use stockcharts excellent scanner to do all my custom scans like this. No where else that I know of can do accurate P&F scans of the whole US market with properly adjusted data except dorseywright, but that's very expensive compared to stockcharts.

So no way to automate it at the level I'm doing it at, but I'm sure a hedgefund with bloomberg terminal etc could set it up, as it's a very basic scan that just registers the amount of P&F double top breakouts each day using the traditional P&F scaling method, and the amount of P&F double bottom breakdowns and then minus the breakdowns from the breakouts to get the total figure for the day, which will be a positive or a negative number. These are then added up cumulatively each day.

So a very basic process, which anyone could do with the correct data. But with P&F charts that is rare, as most charting programs don't use the correct scaling methods etc. Hence the manual approach.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, Mid Caps and Small Caps

Attached is the updated US equity index charts.

US Stock Indexes

isatrader

NYSE Market Breadth Update

Attached is the NYSE Bullish Percent Index and the NYSE long, medium and short term moving average breadth charts.

The NYSE Bullish Percent Index

NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 200 Day, 150 Day and 50 Day Moving Averages P&F charts

Note: The current position/pattern in both the long and medium term moving average breadth charts is rare and was last seen in late 2011 and previously before that in feb/march 2008.

NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 200 Day, 150 Day and 50 Day Moving Averages line charts

isatrader

NYSE Advance Decline Charts

Attached is the updated Advance Decline Breadth Charts, including the cumulative AD line, momentum index, cumulative AD volume line, 10 Day AD oscillator and the McClellan Oscillator and Summation Index.

isatrader