Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 108

S&P 500, Commodities and Gold Ratios

Attached is the long term S&P 500 versus Commodities ratio and also the Gold versus the S&P 500 ratio

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Effective Volume - SPY, QQQ, IWM

It's been a while since I last highlighted the Effective Volume charts from effectivevolume.com of the SPY, QQQ and IWM. But I thought that they were showing an interesting divergence currently between what the small players (retail) are doing and what the large players (institutions) are doing, as the small players have been selling off quite strongly since mid March, but the large players have increased or are flat in the same period.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Percentage of Stocks above their 50 Day Moving Averages - status changes

The short term Percentage of Stocks above their 50 Day Moving Averages P&F charts have had some status changes today. The NYSE (60.16%) and S&P 500 (63.80%) have both moved to Bear Confirmed status, whereas the Dow (80%) has changed to Bull Correction status. The Nasdaq 100 changed to Bear Confirmed last Friday 21st, and has dropped to 42% now, which is an area that it has found support in a number of times over the last year. Attached is the charts.

isatrader

More stopping than usual?

I'm feeling a little 'nervous' at the moment, I've stopped four items over the past week, Mucklow (MKLW.L), Amazon (AMZN), Kier (KIE.L) and Lloyds (LLOY.L). This is a record for me. I admit I have over diversified so I'm running quite a few shares / funds so I should expect a fair number of things to happen. However, this still seems like a large number to stop out in a week.

RE: Market Breadth Update

(2014-03-28, 12:56 AM)pcabc Wrote: I'm feeling a little 'nervous' at the moment, I've stopped four items over the past week, Mucklow (MKLW.L), Amazon (AMZN), Kier (KIE.L) and Lloyds (LLOY.L). This is a record for me. I admit I have over diversified so I'm running quite a few shares / funds so I should expect a fair number of things to happen. However, this still seems like a large number to stop out in a week.

There has been a notable deterioration this week especially in the small caps and momentum stocks, which moved first and it's gradually bled over to the broader market with the short term NYSE and S&P 500 Percentage of Stocks above their 50 day Moving Averages moving to Bear Confirmed status on Wednesday. So we are seeing further signs of the early Stage 3 in the US market imo, although only the shorter term breadth indicators are bearish at the moment, and so increased volatility looks likely with sharp moves in both directions. So it's definitely a time to start reviewing your portfolio imo, and determine what stage your holdings are in, tighten stops, and at least start to think about defensive strategy. As the amount margin people have been trading on after such a long rally could mean things get ugly fast if there is a major breakdown across the board in the near future. So have a plan, and follow that plan, as you have to play defense when the market gets the ball.

isatrader

Market Breadth Update

Attached is the NYSE Bullish Percent Index and the NYSE long, medium and short term moving average breadth charts.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8699]

The NYSE Bullish Percent Index

NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 200 Day, 150 Day and 50 Day Moving Averages P&F charts

NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 200 Day, 150 Day and 50 Day Moving Averages line charts

isatrader

Advance Decline Breadth Charts

Attached is the updated Advance Decline Breadth Charts, including the cumulative AD line, momentum index, cumulative AD volume line, 10 Day AD oscillator and the McClellan Oscillator and Summation Index.

isatrader

New Highs New Lows

Attached is the New Highs / New Lows charts.

isatrader