Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 50

Lightbulb 

RE: Beginners Questions

I am trying out this one for the moment.
Looks promising for risk management and reviewing your trades. Have a look Idea

https://tradebench.com/trading-journal-features

---
Amedee
Pulling the weeds and watering the flowers (since 10/06/2015)...

Hey Isatrader,

I have the book and am thoroughly enjoying the read for a couple reasons. First, it's relatively easy to read and understand and second, I'm finding humor in the fact that it's referencing information from 30 years ago and some of the processes he refers to (like calling your broker) is an amazing sign of the times. Crazy what has happened in the past 30 years.

Anyway, there is a question coming, I'm going to keep reading through posts, but have you found that his study and findings have held true even 30 years later? I'm going to finish the book first and then start my process but I don't want to start building habits based on information that needs to be tweaked because of how the market has evolved.

Thanks! Looking forward to a long lasting conversation on this topic.

Rick

(2015-11-21, 03:53 PM)mongoose1969 Wrote: Anyway, there is a question coming, I'm going to keep reading through posts, but have you found that his study and findings have held true even 30 years later?

Hi Rick,

There's very little that's changed with the method, as simply human nature doesn't change, so people make the same mistakes time and time again in market. There's technology changes, and so you should ignore references to outdated technology etc, but the actual method of Stage Analysis combined with understanding the key market breadth measures is timeless imo. So, I'd recommend continuing with it if you are a serious investor, as it will help you to be able to see through the noise of the market and make confident investment decisions, combined with sound risk management practices.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2015-11-22, 12:21 AM)isatrader Wrote: [quote='mongoose1969' pid='9358' dateline='1448117636']
Anyway, there is a question coming, I'm going to keep reading through posts, but have you found that his study and findings have held true even 30 years later?

Hi Rick,

Also consider at the writing of his book you could order his investment newsletter 'The Professional Tape Reader' - The Professional tape reader was retired about the year 2000. But you can sign up for his current advisory letter the 'Global Trend Alert'. Institutions pay something like $50,000 or $60,000 a year for the service. (Isatrader may have the latest figures). An individual can subscribe to the Global 'Trend Alert' for only $10,000 a year. - - - So someone thinks Stan's advice is still current and very valuable.

Stan Weinstein is surely using his principles with the latest technology available. You can tell from his interview in a 'Book Technically speaking', published in the late 90s. (I believe). Stan talks about computers, using MACD and Stochastics. But he says if could only have a couple of indicators - he would take his stage analysis survey, the advance/decline line, and a moving average.

Thank you for the responses. I'm looking forward to finishing the book and then examining my current holdings first while beginning to search for my new set of stocks to watch and potentially buy. My activity on this site will certainly be ramping up soon!

Hello and welcome, Rick.

You may also find his interviews on the Financial Sense website useful. I think he done about 4 or 5 of them and they are pretty recent...up to like a few years ago.

I'm back and working on where to find not only a free technical analysis screener, but what criteria to put in that screener to provide me stock ideas. I'm still struggling with how exactly to set everything up so I can see a short list of stocks to start studying further. It seems that with every screener, there are different ways of setting it up which is getting confusing. Can anyone direct me to what they are using and the parameters they use for the investor method? I have the book open and trying capture everything, but I'm feeling like I'm missing things.

Hi, Rick,

I use ProRealTime software. It is a paid for service as I get intraday prices (Which I hardly use tbh) but you can get a free version of it for end of day and weekly prices. The screening software in this is very good. It has online manuals to help you set up and code screeners.