Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 3

RE: Beginners Questions

(2013-05-02, 02:38 PM)Sapphire Wrote: Do you recommend any website or software where i can pull up a bunch of charts from a specific sector, so I can glance at them all at once?

Try Chartmill.com and use the quickcharts feature. Here's a link to it with some example quickcharts. You just type in the tickers you want to see and separate them using a comma and then press the Mill My Chart(s) button.

http://www.chartmill.com/stockcharts.php...=&i3=&ip3=

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Wow Isatrader, thats exactly what I am looking for!

How do I set the Mansfield field correctly, or at least read it. Im used to it having a 0.xx figure, but this chart is using two to four digit numbers. Or does it even matter? Should I just look at the Relative Strength direction?

(2013-05-02, 02:45 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 02:38 PM)Sapphire Wrote: Do you recommend any website or software where i can pull up a bunch of charts from a specific sector, so I can glance at them all at once?

Try Chartmill.com and use the quickcharts feature. Here's a link to it with some example quickcharts. You just type in the tickers you want to see and separate them using a comma and then press the Mill My Chart(s) button.

http://www.chartmill.com/stockcharts.php...=&i3=&ip3=

(2013-05-02, 02:59 PM)Sapphire Wrote: How do I set the Mansfield field correctly, or at least read it. Im used to it having a 0.xx figure, but this chart is using two to four digit numbers. Or does it even matter? Should I just look at the Relative Strength direction?

You should use a Parameter of 200 on the daily charts and a Parameter of 52 on the weekly charts.

The figure doesn't matter too much, as long as they are all using the same calculation method. What you are looking for is for it to be above the zero line and rising. And you can order the charts by the Mansfield RS figure. They call it Order by Monest Relative (DESC) and is next to the twitter button.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Thank you so much!

Ok i have another question. I was looking at TTHI, and i was looking at the relative strength. However, I get two different reads from stockcharts.com vs chartmill.com. Which reading is correct?

(2013-05-05, 05:06 PM)Sapphire Wrote: Ok i have another question. I was looking at TTHI, and i was looking at the relative strength. However, I get two different reads from stockcharts.com vs chartmill.com. Which reading is correct?

stockcharts doesn't have the Mansfield relative strength available to use, it can only be made by using the price indicator with the ticker divided by the $SPX and adding a 52 week MA as on the attached, plus unless you put an _ symbol in front of the ticker stockcharts uses adjusted prices data.

I've attached both charts and they look the same to me, but the chartmill chart has some bad data a few years back which messes up the first part of the Mansfiled RS data, but the rest is correct by comparing to the stockcharts one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

(2013-05-05, 05:20 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 05:06 PM)Sapphire Wrote: Ok i have another question. I was looking at TTHI, and i was looking at the relative strength. However, I get two different reads from stockcharts.com vs chartmill.com. Which reading is correct?

stockcharts doesn't have the Mansfield relative strength available to use, it can only be made by using the price indicator with the ticker divided by the $SPX and adding a 52 week MA as on the attached, plus unless you put an _ symbol in front of the ticker stockcharts uses adjusted prices data.

I've attached both charts and they look the same to me, but the chartmill chart has some bad data a few years back which messes up the first part of the Mansfiled RS data, but the rest is correct by comparing to the stockcharts one.

Ok, I get it. I didnt have my settings right in stockcharts.com. Thank you so much for your help!

Sharescope plus version is good

Also pro realtime - eod charts are free