Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 169

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

(2021-10-19, 09:58 PM)pcabc Wrote: What do other people do?

I'm wondering if I'm missing something?  Is there some other plan to get in at a good price?  I can't simply sit in front my PC all day and manually scan (or even automatically scan) prices, and in any case gaps and rapid increases in price mean that this is not viable.  If its an A+ pick and market breadth is very strong I could just try to get in at any price - but I think that would bite me.

Thoughts?

Hi,

most of the stocks breaks out during the first 60 minutes of trading so I try to sit in front of PC somewhere during this first 30 minutes or an hour and quickly check my stocks. Of course I have a watchlist (with around 20 tickers) already prepared so this is a quick scan. If there is a breakout I buy, set a SL and forget about the stock (remove it from watchlist). Other than that alerts of course are useful and trading using the mobile phone.

(2021-10-24, 08:21 PM)Lebo44 Wrote: Hi,

most of the stocks breaks out during the first 60 minutes of trading so I try to sit in front of PC somewhere during this first 30 minutes or an hour and quickly check my stocks. Of course I have a watchlist (with around 20 tickers) already prepared so this is a quick scan. If there is a breakout I buy, set a SL and forget about the stock (remove it from watchlist). Other than that alerts of course are useful and trading using the mobile phone.

That is interesting.  Trouble is for me is that clashes with my day job.  I could automate parts of this, but still, this is not the best time for me.

(2021-11-05, 07:19 AM)JimStudent Wrote: Link for Stan Weinstein Interview with Richard Moglen https://youtu.be/FtAshnE3MwM
I wonder if links to interviews should have their own thread to make them easier to find?

(2021-11-05, 02:31 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2021-11-05, 07:19 AM)JimStudent Wrote: Link for Stan Weinstein Interview with Richard Moglen https://youtu.be/FtAshnE3MwM
I wonder if links to interviews should have their own thread to make them easier to find?

Already have a place in the Stan Weisnstein thread. See the first post: https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Thre...pid=1#pid1

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Do you know if Stan's trading results were officially confirmed or published somewhere? Like a trading contest (USIC) or something?

I wonder what rate of return he had in his prime years (or later) but I cannot find any clue over the internet.

(2021-11-10, 06:53 PM)Lebo44 Wrote: Do you know if Stan's trading results were officially confirmed or published somewhere? Like a trading contest (USIC) or something?

I wonder what rate of return he had in his prime years (or later) but I cannot find any clue over the internet.

Stan likely made the bulk of his money from the trading service. He was making millions from the PTC newsletter in 1983 (15,000+ subscribers at $250 a year), and then after the book in 1988 he was encouraged to start an institutional service called the global trend alert (GTA) which made him a whole lot richer, which still runs today 31 years later at $60k a year. So I don't think you'll ever see his trading results, as he's never needed to as the business has made his fortune.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2021-11-10, 07:01 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-11-10, 06:53 PM)Lebo44 Wrote: Do you know if Stan's trading results were officially confirmed or published somewhere? Like a trading contest (USIC) or something?

Stan likely made the bulk of his money from the trading service. He was making millions from the PTC newsletter in 1983 (15,000+ subscribers at $250 a year), and then after the book in 1988 he was encouraged to start an institutional service called the global trend alert (GTA) which made him a whole lot richer, which still runs today 31 years later at $60k a year. So I don't think you'll ever see his trading results, as he's never needed to as the business has made his fortune.

This is quite interesting.  $250 a year was not trival in 1983 and GTA at $60k a year is not trivial, though perhaps in the finance industry things are easier to approve than elsewhere.  So without trading results being available his reputation and the value people found/find from PTC and GTA is still sufficient to sell subscriptions.