Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 63

(This post was last modified: 2016-08-22, 06:06 PM by Smellypunks.)

RE: Beginners Questions

(2016-08-03, 06:16 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: Can anyone give advice on buying the point B pull back. If I remember correctly Stan talked about buying the pull back towards the breakout or 30 week ave. I don't like to watch the market but like to set orders. I have set orders for the breakout price a number of times and they have not been filled. So I am not sure the best way to set my orders for the point B (as Stan called it). Example shows stock that I am thinking to enter but not sure where to put my order. I would like to put it at 109 (breakout price) which gives 11% downside risk IMO, but feel again I will miss the stock.

Just as an update on GTLY. Using the 2 hour chart it came back and almost touched the breakout (perfect). I missed it, as was on holiday and not watch the stock but Stan's idea was sound.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2016-08-07, 02:29 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-08-06, 07:08 PM)malaguti Wrote: Has anyone used options with this method? Just curious
I've read that vs stocks there is a much greater return with very similar risks..

I'd be interested to know this as well, including some examples of the actual costs of making options trades.

I suggest you take a look at www.pitbullinvestor.com/tradefinder. He is only doing options. He works with Measured Moves (MM). It is a bit simular with continuation breaks outs. When you select the closed trades section, you can see the results.

It is a paid service. Be careful with the link , as I have the feeling i'm in through the back door.Big Grin

He doesn't look to volume. I wonder if volume had saved him from some losses.

Hi all,

I was wondering what people use to assess the US (presumably S&P500) sectors. For UK stocks, I've been using the FTSE350 sectors, but can't find an equivalent for the US stocks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sartois

(2016-09-11, 10:51 PM)Sartois Wrote: Hi all,

I was wondering what people use to assess the US (presumably S&P500) sectors. For UK stocks, I've been using the FTSE350 sectors, but can't find an equivalent for the US stocks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sartois

Go to http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/indust...#&S=PD&O=2 and you'll find all 100+ US sectors which you can see charts of the sectors or click into to see the individual stocks in each.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2016-09-11, 10:55 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-09-11, 10:51 PM)Sartois Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks,

Sartois

Go to http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/indust...#&S=PD&O=2 and you'll find all 100+ US sectors which you can see charts of the sectors or click into to see the individual stocks in each.

Great, thanks. Smile

(This post was last modified: 2016-09-19, 02:24 PM by Smellypunks.)

HUR.L - seems to be trying to make a continuation breakout, question is should we be buying as the vol is not that great? You can see this best on the daily chart as its all happening in a matter of hours/days not weeks.

(2016-09-19, 02:12 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: HUR.L - seems to be trying to make a continuation breakout, question is should we be buying as the vol is not that great? You can see this best on the daily chart as its all happening in a matter of hours/days not weeks.

Part of the reason I sold HUR.L when I did, was because it was very thinnly traded, but it hasn't stopped it going higher. So it may not be an issue

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2016-09-19, 06:49 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-09-19, 02:12 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: HUR.L - seems to be trying to make a continuation breakout, question is should we be buying as the vol is not that great? You can see this best on the daily chart as its all happening in a matter of hours/days not weeks.

Part of the reason I sold HUR.L when I did, was because it was very thinnly traded, but it hasn't stopped it going higher. So it may not be an issue

It can be interesting to look at volume x price to get an idea of the amount of money traded per day. For HUR.L it looks to be in the 100's of thousands of pounds to millions a day. On some of the small caps it can be very low indeed.