Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Page 175

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions

(2022-09-09, 03:48 PM)mkoza Wrote: Is there a video/forum post that shows your daily routine? For Example: Run scans in sectors > Groups > create watchlist etc etc

There's no single post on it. But it's been discussed numerous times over the years on the various threads.

Also, Stage Analysis is two methods, as you have the Investor method and Trader method. So first you need to define your timeframe and what type of trader that you are, and then you can build a routine.

My personal approach is to run daily scans that focus on looking for stocks with strong technical characteristics, and culling that list down from 500 to say 20 to 30 stocks each day. As from that cut back list, I can then see which groups are coming up the most over the weeks and then from that I can drill down more into those groups to do comparative analysis of stocks versus each other in order to look for leadership candidates.

Overall investing/trading strategy is determined by the Weight of Evidence from the analysis of multiple Market Breadth charts which is done each weekend. As this tells me when to be aggressive and when to be defensive (like most of this year to date).

If you really want to learn more of the weekly process, then I recommend joining the member service for a month. As I go through all of it each week via two 1 hour+ videos a week and the daily posts in a great detail.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Thank you for the speedy reply.
Im a trader. IM in a trade typically anywhere from sometimes a day, to several weeks. (I'll scale out as I move up)

ANd I did join... is it not showing?

(2022-09-09, 04:25 PM)mkoza Wrote: Thank you for the speedy reply.
Im a trader. IM in a trade typically anywhere from sometimes a day, to several weeks. (I'll scale out as I move up)

ANd I did join... is it not showing?

Sorry, it's didn't recognise the username on the forum as is different to your twitter handle. Yes, I can see you in the member area.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Sorry, another beginner question:

When a stock is moving from a S4 to a S1, when drawing out your initial support and resistance lines, are you using the daily or weekly?

Thank you

(2022-09-10, 05:01 PM)mkoza Wrote: Sorry, another beginner question:

When a stock is moving from a S4 to a S1, when drawing out your initial support and resistance lines, are you using the daily or weekly?

Thank you

Start with the weekly charts. But one thing to note is that Stage 1 bases are fluid, as the levels can shift through time, with Upthrusts out of the top of the range and shakeouts at the lows. So don't think of the initial levels as hard lines, as they can shift over time depending on how the price action develops.

The easiest place to start to identify the initial range is to mark the Selling Climax (SC) and the Automatic Rally (AR) – see Accumulation Schematic #1 attached – which are terms from Richard Wyckoff's method. But learning the Wyckoff method structures can really help you with Stage Analysis, as Wyckoff has a much deeper level study of base structures, and hence it can really help with identifying Stage 1 and Stage 3 behaviour.

If you look in the Resources thread there's multiple links to materials that can help you learn some Wyckoff. Here's the link: https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Thre...8#pid18348

Accumulation: Wyckoff Events & Phases

isatrader

(2022-09-10, 05:49 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2022-09-10, 05:01 PM)mkoza Wrote: Sorry, another beginner question:

Thank you

Start with the weekly charts. But one thing to note is that Stage 1 bases are fluid, as the levels can shift through time, with Upthrusts out of the top of the range and shakeouts at the lows. So don't think of the initial levels as hard lines, as they can shift over time depending on how the price action develops.

The easiest place to start to identify the initial range is to mark the Selling Climax (SC) and the Automatic Rally (AR) – see Accumulation Schematic #1 attached – which are terms from Richard Wyckoff's method. But learning the Wyckoff method structures can really help you with Stage Analysis, as Wyckoff has a much deeper level study of base structures, and hence it can really help with identifying Stage 1 and Stage 3 behaviour.

If you look in the Resources thread there's multiple links to materials that can help you learn some Wyckoff. Here's the link: https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Thre...8#pid18348

Accumulation: Wyckoff Events & Phases

Got it and one more follow up if you dont mind.

Re: Wyckoff... I've noticed you keep the initial resistance, then add additional lines at the UTA or Spring, do those become the new resistance lines in terms of the "official breakout" ?

As always, thank you very much for the quick and in-depth response

(2022-09-10, 06:07 PM)mkoza Wrote: Got it and one more follow up if you dont mind.

Re: Wyckoff... I've noticed you keep the initial resistance, then add additional lines at the UTA or Spring, do those become the new resistance lines in terms of the "official breakout" ?

As always, thank you very much for the quick and in-depth response

It depends on how far they stray from the initial levels. Think of it as a zone, more than a hard level.

isatrader

Perfect. Thank You